Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
By CTHunt
Jerky- Beef or Venison

3 lbs. boned meat
1/8 tbsp. seasoned salt
2 tbsp. liquid smoke
2 tbsp. popcorn salt
3 tbsp. water
3/4 tbsp. seasoned pepper

Slice meat into 1/4" thick strips about 5" long. Remove all fat. Combine liquid smoke, water, and seasonings. Brush on strips and place (layer on layer) in a large bowl. Put a weighted plate on top of bowl and let stand in place overnight. Remove meat and dry it. Place strips across oven racks - edges may touch; don't overlap. Allow room for air to circulate. Racks should be no closer than 4" from top and bottom heat sources. Dry meat in oven for about 11 hours at 150 degrees. Remove and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container

Here is another one

GROUND JERKY

3 lb ground venison
2 tsp Tender Quick
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup honey (optional)
2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
2 Tbsp red pepper flakes

Grind meat until it is coarser than hamburger. Add all ingredients and mix well. Place on freezer paper and cover with another paper and roll flat. Cut into strips and place on a screen that will fit in the oven. Set at lowest setting and dry as desired

Here yet another one
Venison Jerky
Ingredients:
3-4 lbs. Venison, sliced, 1" wide and ¼ " thick
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbls. liquid smoke
1 Tbls. quick salt
2 tsp. Hot sauce
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 T. black pepper

Mix all ingredients completely except venison. Add meat and let stand in refrigerator for 12-24 hours, stirring 3 or 4 times. Drain meat on paper towels and spread on racks of dehydrator. Heat until dry but not brittle. Store in Refrigerator.

Yields: 24-36 jerky strips
By CTHunt
Here is some more
3 lbs. lean beef or venison
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. Insta Cure No. 1
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce

Jerky can be made from beef or venison as well as from a variety of game meats such as moose, elk or antelope. You should never use pork as it may contain the trichinae parasite.

Preparation

Make the meat as lean as possible while removing all fat, sinew and gristle. Too much fat in the jerky can cause it to go rancid. The meat should then be cut into strips about 1/4" - 1/2" thick and 1/2" - 3/4" wide. Mix the other ingredients together and pour the mixture over the meat. Gently mix the meat to evenly distribute the sauce. Let meat marinate in the refrigerator for approximately 24 hours. During this period, meat should be turned over once or twice.

Drying

Using a food dehydrator, the meat will be dried to give it a leathery texture. When dehydrating meat for jerky, it is important to remember that there are no exact rules that apply to food dehydration because your results can be effected by room temperature, relative humidity and moisture levels in the food. To become proficient, it will be necessary to experiment with your drying techniques. If you use too much heat, food may harden on the outside while still being moist on the inside. On the other hand, with too little heat, your drying times will be very long. Also, overloading the shelves will result in long drying times.

As a starting point, dry meat for 3-4 hours. The temperature of the meat should reach 145-150° F. Meat will be pliable when thoroughly dried, yet when a piece is bent and torn there should be no internal moisture.
By mlowe
This what I use...

2 cups of "China Lilly" soy sauce
1 bottle of liquid smoke
16 tablespoons of packed brown sugar

Then add what you would like for seasoning. Eg. 1 bottle of hot sauce or 1/2 cup garlic powder... you get my drift.

Put as much meat in as you can get in the liquid, but try to keep it under the surface of the liquid. Make sure there is no fat on the meat. Fat will spoil and the meat won't and the meat can be kept at room temperature for over a year on the kitchen counter in a bag.

Soak the meat 24 hours to get the flavour.

I also cut my meat across the grain to make it a bit easier to eat. (you can eat 4 times more in less time and it will suck in more flavour) :twisted:

Put on your dehydrator racks and sprinkle a bit of salt on the meat while dripping with the mixture. (it makes the flavour come through a bit more) I know it sounds like to much salt but it isn't. Just try 1/2 your racks with extra salt and 1/2 without, and you will adding salt to all your meat after that.

Dry the meat don't cook it. Dry it until it's as dry as you like it. If you dry it to much you can put it in a zip lock bag and put in a piece that is a bit moister than you want and the bag will slowly equalize to match the other... And, pig out.

I have tried different sauces and sugars but this is the BEST combination to use. You will understand it after tasting it.

I used to take a bag of jerky to work but had to stop because the guys I worked with would steal it out of my locker and eat it on me. When a buddy would have his sitting on the table and no one would touch his.
By monsterbuk
Here is my best jerky recipe its very hot, but that’s just to keep everyone from eating it so fast after you put all the time into making it.

I use the back straps, they are perfect for slicing into nice strips without any fat. This recipe will do 1 full back strap from a medium/large size deer, probably both back straps from a smaller deer.

3 tsp Season Salt
1 tsp Accent
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Black Pepper
2 cups Worcestershire
½ cup Soy sauce
1/8 cup A1 steak sauce
2 tsp Tender Quick (meat cure)
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1-3 tsp Daves Insanity Sauce (optional, start with 1 and work your way up)

Put all ingredients in a 1 gal zipper freezer bag (use quality zipper bag). Shake to mix thoroughly.

Cut venison into strips ¼ in. thick no fat just red meat.

Add venison strips into zipper bag and again mix by shaking and using your fingers to move the strips around in the bag. This is where you need a quality zipper bag, because you don’t want the zipper to come open or a hole in the bag while you are poking and shaking the bag, especially if you have the Daves Insanity sauce in there. You might lose an eye if that stuff gets in your eye.

Stick it in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours, I usually pull the zipper bag out 3 or 4 times during the 24-48 hours and mix everything up, by shaking, poking, and moving the strips around inside the bag.

After the 24-48 hours, place the strips in the dehydrator until dried to your liking. It usually takes my dehydrator 4-6 hours to complete the drying process. Results will vary I usually check it every couple hours.

Enjoy your tenderloin nuggets, but have a frosty beverage ready.

Good Hunting/Scouting,
Monsterbuk
By Carson80
here is the recipe where originally you are supposed to use beef
but i tried it with jerky - works too:)

there are a few layers:
1st - potatoes (circles)
2nd - onions (circles)
3rd - beef+pork (or jerky) +salt+pepper
4th - mayo
and put this all in the oven for 40 minutes.
then add cheese on top and put it in the oven for 2 more minutes
;)

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]