Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
By swnoel
What are you looking to dehydrate? Meat
If so you can do it in your oven, low setting and let her go.
I've done some jerky that way.
A little liquid smoke and what ever spices you'd like.
By yoderj@cox.net
The problem with many low end dehydrators is the evenness of the airflow. I looked at them pretty hard but that was years ago. I ended up choosing the Excalibur because of the evenness of airflow and capacity.

Thanks,

Jack
By Jiggy
I originally bought a cheap one. (Magic Chef?) It was a waste of $$. Poorly made plastic trays that did not stack evenly, very uneven air flow.

I then bought 2 American Harvest units and was quite happy.
I see the new ones now have the controls and heater in the lid.
Mine are the older ones with everything in the base.
By trapper
The problem with many low end dehydrators is the evenness of the airflow. I looked at them pretty hard but that was years ago. I ended up choosing the Excalibur because of the evenness of airflow and capacity.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack hit the nail on the head. I have the Excalibur as well and I love it. I have made a lot of jerky and quite a bit of fruit. I also made some yogurt and fruit rollups for the kids who loved them.
You might look at some of the units Cabelas sells now. They weren't available when I bought mine but look really nice. For a little cheaper option that looks real similar to the Excalibur look at this one from SausageMaker: http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1673 I haven't used it but I have been happy with everything I go from them.
By Pic-N-Stick
I have run hundreds of pounds of jerky through my Wallyworld Nesco dehydrater. It came with 4 trays so I bought a second one and stack 8 trays togather. I rotate the trays 1.5 hours through,and never have a problem with evenness. Placing the jerky in a paper bag when done also helps stabilize the moisture content. One of our favorites is the Nesco Pepperoni flavor in small round sticks--fantastic!! All their flavors are good, except the Fajita flavor--NASTY!!

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]