Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
I like to take them fresh from the bird and while they are still warm put the breast in a ziploc bag with some italian salad dressing. then grill it up for that nights meal.
By Bluesman
Well I like to stuff the bird and roast it just like any other store bought one.Getting them scalded and plucked is the hardest part.Easiest way is skin the complete bird.
Another way is to take the breast and cut it in strips,roll in flour and fry.Roast the dark meat for sandwiches with gravy or boil and make Turkey Noodle Soup. Another way is can it in jars using pressure cooker.You can grab a jar and in 15 minutes you can be eating a turkey sandwich with gravy poured over it.David
By trapper
I fillet out the breast to slice and pan fry. I do the same with the thighs. Everything else goes in a big stock pot with celery, onion, carrot, garlic, and a couple bay leaves. Simmer for a few hours then strain the liquid and return it to the pot. take all the meat off the bones and return to the liquid. Discard all the bones (except the wish bone) and discard the vegetables. Add fresh vegetables to the soup and simmer until they are done. At the end you can add noodles, rice or my favorite, dumplings. This stuff is awsome!
By matt3clayton
Oh yeah, fillet the breast and fry like nuggets or "chicken" fingers. I like to dredge my turkey in a egg and milk mixture before battering it in an All Purpose Flour Mix to your taste. (usually put alot of Cajun spices and salt and garlic powder with sum cayenne). Then fry until golden, it's easy to over cook the turkey so fry until golden on both sides and it won't take long I guarentee!!! .......

My wife will cook it in a roasting pot (whole fillet) in an onion soup mix and cook it for hours (like a beef roast) and it's sooooooo goooood, cuts with a fork...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By trapper
I almost forgot my very favorite, the Wild Turkey Sandwich. Take a short heavy glass and put an ice cube in the bottom. Pour in a couple fingers of Wild Turkey. Put another ice cube on top to complete the sandwich. Enjoy, but only after the guns are locked up. :D
I almost forgot my very favorite, the Wild Turkey Sandwich. Take a short heavy glass and put an ice cube in the bottom. Pour in a couple fingers of Wild Turkey. Put another ice cube on top to complete the sandwich. Enjoy, but only after the guns are locked up. :D

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :!: :!:
By matt3clayton
We cooked some at work last night, check this out!!
Half a breast of Wild Turkey ( and while cookin this try the wild turkey sandwich to keep you from picking!!!). Stoke up the grill, med warm....... take your breast and butter it up a bit and Cover with Lemon Pepper then cover in foil and cook until done, BE CAREFUL not to over cook!!! Shouldn't take long, add a lil extra butter for the best taste!!! First time we tried it was last night...... :mrgreen:
By rsmith
I marinated some breast strips in italian dressing overnight and fried them up for supper. Made some dipping sauce out of corn syrup, ketchup, and hot sauce. Turned out pretty good.

Most turkey I have cooked turns out tough and dry. A coworker gave me an idea to make ground turkey, so I tried that as well. I cut up the breast and thigh meat and ran it through a grinder with a pound of bacon. Cooked four patties on the grill the other night. Very tastey!
I marinated some breast strips in italian dressing overnight and fried them up for supper. Made some dipping sauce out of corn syrup, ketchup, and hot sauce. Turned out pretty good.

Most turkey I have cooked turns out tough and dry. A coworker gave me an idea to make ground turkey, so I tried that as well. I cut up the breast and thigh meat and ran it through a grinder with a pound of bacon. Cooked four patties on the grill the other night. Very tastey!

now that sounds good!! I plucked one once and cooked it on the rotisserie on the grill, that was some good eating but alot of work. I want to try smoking one in a water smoker and see how that comes out. we deep fry alot of store bought turkeys, I'll bet brining a wild bird and deep frying it would be a treat.

I tried this last night, wow it's good.

Always remember everything tastes good if you cook it in a crockpot with a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup. I like the condensed kind and usually don't add other liquid to it unless it seems to need a little while cooking.

A tip to help keep things moist while grilling is to take a can of beer or two, regular not lite, and turn it on it's side and poke a few holes in the can. then put the can on your coals or directly on your gas burners under where your going to cook. it will steam and help keep the meat moist while adding some flavor. I also take larger cuts of meat and wrap them in foil and cook on the upper rack for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of the meat) then remove them from the foil and cook on the lower main rack to finish them off. Wild game dries out quickly if it's over cooked so by placing it on the top rack in the foil it holds in some moisture while cooking slowly and you don't have to overcook the outside to get the inside done.

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]