Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
Can someone reccomend a place I can order some country sage type sausage spice mix ? I dont want too much sage though.

or if someone with experience can give me a formula for the spices I can handle that. I may want to make 10lbs this weekend.
This is a link to a website run by our deer processor
in Jackson,MO
His deer sausage is 2nd to none. Best we've
ever had.
He sells the spices and mixes online.
http://www.askthemeatman.com/sausage_making_kits.htm
Hey anthony, aint you supposed to plan that stuff before the shot? :oops: lol
I know I smoke a lot of jerky and I love the taste of Hi Mountain seasonings.
Not sure if they have a sage sausage blend. I know they have a summer sausage mix but I never tried to make sausage before.
Hey anthony, aint you supposed to plan that stuff before the shot? :oops: lol
I know I smoke a lot of jerky and I love the taste of Hi Mountain seasonings.
Not sure if they have a sage sausage blend. I know they have a summer sausage mix but I never tried to make sausage before.

Hi-Mountain is my favorite also.... :D
Ok, I called Hi Mountain and they found my order from 2005. I had purchased the Prarie Sage Breakfast Sausage blend at that time and we liked it. I want to get another package of this and it makes 24lbs.

Next issue: There's no cost effective way to order some from Wyoming and get it here by this weekend. :(

Does anyone have any idea of a place I can order this from and get it here by Sat using normal shipping channels (ie not overnight air). I just would hate to pay $50 shipping for a $15 item.

Since we are close to Atlanta, that seems my best route. UPS ground (cheapest) is normally overnight anyway.
Ok, I called Hi Mountain and they found my order from 2005. I had purchased the Prarie Sage Breakfast Sausage blend at that time and we liked it. I want to get another package of this and it makes 24lbs.

Next issue: There's no cost effective way to order some from Wyoming and get it here by this weekend. :(

Does anyone have any idea of a place I can order this from and get it here by Sat using normal shipping channels (ie not overnight air). I just would hate to pay $50 shipping for a $15 item.

Since we are close to Atlanta, that seems my best route. UPS ground (cheapest) is normally overnight anyway.

Do you have a local Bass Pro? I think they might sale it, at least at some of them. Also, amazon might be worth a try.
Thanks. WE don't have BPS or Cabelas here in Augusta. I called Academy and they carry some of the hi mountain products but not the sausage mix, only the jerky mix.

I may have to go the DIY approach. Or call BPS in Atlanta area.
Thanks. WE don't have BPS or Cabelas here in Augusta. I called Academy and they carry some of the hi mountain products but not the sausage mix, only the jerky mix.

I may have to go the DIY approach. Or call BPS in Atlanta area.

What happened to the BPS that was supposed to be coming there? I remember seeing a sign in Augusta when I was there in '09 about a future site for BPS.

Did you go on their website and try to place the order to see final pricing? The package to make 24lbs of sausage is $5.99. Overnight shipping was $51, but 2nd day Air was only $20. I know you are farther from them than I am, but it might be worth checking the 2nd day rate to you.

I went on and ordered some to try. With UPS ground (7 days) is was $13 and change. The 2nd day would've been $26. Not a horrible price if you really like the stuff.

Edit:
>I just checked and the total for one package second day air to your office is $27.02.<
I ordered from BPS in Atlanta. Shipping was $5. I will have it tommorrow. I got the Prairie Sage Breakfast Sausage mix makes 24 lbs. I used it before so I know I liked it. I am a bit worried about getting something with too much sage.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]