Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
By johnnydeerhunter
I decided to give this a try and use my crockpot rather than purchase a $400-$750 machine (No way I was buying the machine). I did some experimenting and my crockpot with the lid removed stays at the correct temperature. Sous vide is basically cooking under pressure in a water bath that is set to the temperature that you want the meat to finish at. Because the water temp is where you want the meat to finish it's very hard to overcook. I vacuumed sealed the loins with a little dry rub and placed them in the crockpot. My plan was to check on it while it was cooking but my plans for the day changed and I wasn't going to be home. The recipes I read said that cooking could take an hour and most recipes said 12-30 hours. I decided on the 12 and set things to cooking and left. I think next time I'll try three hours and check the meat then. It turned out so juicy and tender that this is something I will try again for sure and soon. You could have sliced the loin with the back of a butter knife it was so tender. I browned the meat after removing it from the water bath with some hot butter and fresh basil and sage.

Prepped and dry rub coated

Vacuum sealed and ready to go

In the crockpot

Removed from the water bath/crockpot

After browning and slicing
By johnnydeerhunter
It got to 145* and next time I'm hoping for 135*-140*. I think the lower temps are OK because it was frozen.
By T-post
I Googled the safe temperature for venison after making my post. I was wrong (kind of)...165 is for ground venison, 145 for cut venison.

Looks awesome! I'm going to give it a try. :P
By bobcat
Wow! That looks delicious.
Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

It truly is, how many places can you call for supp[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]