Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Reconyx cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By talks2elk
I put these 2 side by side for 10 wks. Results are
HF2 1723 pics , hc500 1301pics. The settings for both were 3pics, sensitivity high, picture interval 1 second, quiet period no delay. I left them in the same spot, same position to see if I get about the same results again. There was no empty wind pics on either cam. At the end of this set I will change their position to each other, left to right. Will post those results in a couple of months. I was a little shocked here with the results. Now I'm thinking about putting a HF2 vs XR6 for videos. That might be interesting too :mrgreen: :D
By bradwilliams1981
Sounds good thanks for the info. How does the picture quality and flash distance compare to the hc500? Wondering if it was better or the same?
By red sled
Good information. I'll be interested in the results vs the XR6 as I have several of those.

Something else that can help when evaluating a camera: if you are lucky (or unlucky) enough to have fresh snow. When you see fresh tracks in the photos but no animal, that's a bad thing.
By talks2elk
bradwilliams1981 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm Sounds good thanks for the info. How does the picture quality and flash distance compare to the hc500? Wondering if it was better or the same?
The day pics are about the same. HF 2 has better color to it I think. The night pics are better with the HF 2. The HF 2 has 3 settings on the flash. Low , medium. high. High has a very bright output and long distance on the night pic but, I can't see the flash at 2ft.
Last edited by talks2elk on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By talks2elk
red sled wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 am Good information. I'll be interested in the results vs the XR6 as I have several of those.
I think it will be good. I'm just interested in trigger speed and number of videos against each other. The XR 6 has better video.
By talks2elk
checked cameras 3/28/19. Results are HF2 1920 pics. HC500 1194 pics. What I have noticed is that the HF2 detects faster than the HC 500. The FOV is also wider on the HF2. I think that's why the HF 2 is taking more pics. This ends the side x side comparison for now. Have to start setting more cameras out . :D
By reaperman
Any decent pics to post from the month long deployment?
By talks2elk
reaperman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:48 pm Any decent pics to post from the month long deployment?
No, nothing but turkeys and mule deer does.

Looks like a Fat Squirrel, but yea interesting beh[…]

Fall is Finally Here

Thanks, Yes it does take time. I have 10 cameras o[…]

Nice, the bucks started scraping here a few days a[…]

Wood Ducks on the Bayou

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8mRqwaA71c&a[…]