Use this forum to place requests for new features in Scouting Assistant. Please indicate what version you are on (includes "embedded" which ships with several manufacturers cameras)
By john.hatchett
Can you add a feature to tag each of the animals in the photos?

What I would like to do is eventually build up a history of each animal over the years as well as to display a time line per animal.

If there are three animals in a frame, tag each individually as well as a group. If an animal is a member of a group but the only one in the frame, allow an assumption that the other group members might be in the area.

If an animal is scored, perhaps use that information to identify the same animal in other frames.

provide a sidebar of likely animals based on location for comparison and quick tagging.

based on animal tagging, produce an "known inventory" for each location.

if locations are geocoded, and animals are travelling between locations, generate a time coded travel map for the animal.

use moon phase information and temperature to stack information to reveal regular pattern changes for each animal.

store estimated age information in the tags describing each animal.

store heritage information on each animal... ie. when a doe has two new fawns create the new animal entries and start tracking as a family group and suspected dominate mature bucks for the doe's primary location.

eventually maybe some automatic/intuitive recognition can be added to speed the tagging.
By wv-outdoor
I agree with these.. Would love to see this kind of functionality..

Can you add a feature to tag each of the animals in the photos?

What I would like to do is eventually build up a history of each animal over the years as well as to display a time line per animal.

provide a sidebar of likely animals based on location for comparison and quick tagging.

based on animal tagging, produce an "known inventory" for each location.

if locations are geocoded, and animals are travelling between locations, generate a time coded travel map for the animal.

use moon phase information and temperature to stack information to reveal regular pattern changes for each animal.
That would be an incredible feature!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
By Chachoze
Well if I had to guess I would say that Anthony is merely agreeing that those features would be nice and not neccesarily that they will be implemented into SA....of course I'm just guessing.
I think it is a tall order to try and identify every deer that comes into view.
Try it sometime. There has to be a fairly unique feature on each animal to get a positive identity.
The unique features are just not there for the majority of the deer.

Now if you set up a paint gun to go off as the camera took a photo, you might have something :mrgreen:
I think you personally would have to identify the deer, the program would just keep track (possibly) and you might be able to use the exif data to keep track of the deer. Of course the time and date would have to be set correctly on the camera.
By fr0sty
You can tag bucks this way with reconyx buckview software. I rarely ever use it. Nice to have the option though.
By dhunter
Sumbody finally thinking like I've been dreamin!
3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]