Use this forum to place requests for new features in Scouting Assistant. Please indicate what version you are on (includes "embedded" which ships with several manufacturers cameras)
By dbaxter
Anthony,

I just downloaded Scouting Assistant (Bushnell version) and it is way cool 8) but I do have a question. Is there a way to save just selected frames as a single video. What I mean is when I open the toolbox while viewing the completed timelapse sequence it will only allow me to extract a video after each start frame - stop frame. I can extract several little videos (some are only 2 seconds) and run them all through Windows Movie Maker and create 1 video but, It would be nice to be able to extract 1 video of all of the selected segments only. It will allow me to select several start frame and stop frame segments as if this could be done but the extract video button is then greyed out. If this is not doable why does it let you select several start frame - stop frame segments at a time?
This is not a gripe just a "what if ????"
Thanks again for all that you do for the hunting and trailcam community.

David
By Chachoze
Do you have a "Mark/UnMark" checkbox in the Toolbox Panel? If so then use that to manually select the photos you want to be included in the video.

I'm not certain how much functionality has been removed from the free version but if you dont see this checkbox anywhere then you will need to upgrade to the pro version to get that added functionality. You can always d/l the pro version and request a trial license to give it a test drive before you decide to purchase it.
By dbaxter
Thanks for the info Chachoze! I am sure the full version is great but, with my financial situation right now (July 2012 income = $0) I don't think it would be wise to upgrade. My wife has been working extra hours when she can and I don't think I would live much longer if I spent $25 on the upgrade :shock: .

David
By Anthony
Hi,

The feature you are after is of course in the Pro version. If you perform a motion search or simply hit the hot key to mark a frame while viewing the time lapse set, you can then create a video with whatever characteristic (frame rate, frame size, etc) that you like. There is more power in the Pro version in this respect.

I hope you enjoy the software and are able to get some good use from it.
By Chachoze
That certainly sounds like a tough situation to be in and hopefully things improve for you soon.
By dbaxter
Hi,

The feature you are after is of course in the Pro version. ....
I hope you enjoy the software and are able to get some good use from it.

The free version was worth every penny I paid. :mrgreen: I really do like it!

That certainly sounds like a tough situation to be in and hopefully things improve for you soon.

Thanks, I hope so. Both of my legs have been messed up for over a year and I recently had to quit my job of 16 years. The pain was getting unbearable at work where I had to do a lot of standing on concrete all day. I am really getting tired of this situation but, I am hopefull it will pass someday. Here's my post from last year on this:
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23048

David
3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]