Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to WildGame Innovations (WGI) Cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By stovepipe699
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted. Out of the 8 amazon specials I grabbed, (4 for me, 2 each for two friends), 5 are going strong. One disappeared, so either a bear or person took it. One of mine takes runaway pics, and my buddy has one that takes black pics at night. The 2 bad cams have been bad all along, but were at a remote location, so we never got them sent in during warranty. The working cameras are pretty good, the occasional whiteout transition pic and 3 month battery life being the cons. Can a solar panel plug right into the cam without running an external battery? I wonder if wgi will repair my 2 off warranty cams. Any good deals on these any more?
By Sodbuster
My 50 dollar one is the only one I have left that works. Wgi won't do anything for the bad one's, I called and asked them. I had one that started taking black night pics when the filter got stuck. Only way it would unstick was to set it to day only and take a pic, then night only and take a pic in a dark room. Might give it a try and see if it helps.
By ko4nrbs
All four of mine are still going strong. Knock on wood!!
Bill
By stovepipe699
Thanks for the advice sodbuster. My friends second cam started taking black night pics too. We tried you suggestion, and it worked. Hopefully it works on the other camera too.
By Backwater
We have four of them and there all working great. Got three of them in the woods as I type.
By bdan68
I had two and one went back to WGI and was replaced under warranty, and the other just recently quit working. Being in western Washington, my cams spend a lot of time in the rain. I'm beginning to wonder if that's the factor that causes these cams to go bad?
By ko4nrbs
I had two and one went back to WGI and was replaced under warranty, and the other just recently quit working. Being in western Washington, my cams spend a lot of time in the rain. I'm beginning to wonder if that's the factor that causes these cams to go bad?

Could be--Humidity and electronics don't mix!!

Nice to see you on bdan68!!
Bill
Raccoons mating season

IMG_0067 (1024x576).jpg IMG_0068 (1024x576).j[…]

Red tail hawk in flight

IMG_0009 (1024x576).jpg IMG_0035 (1024x576).jp[…]

Young eagle

Squirrels keep getting caught in my coon traps. S[…]

Well this guy is still kicking around. He won't w[…]