Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Primos cameras
Just an update, my cheap primos is still doing very well. I only use it on video mode. I had the battery's get low and it corrupted the SD card. I can't delete or format it. I bought a new card and more battery's and its still going strong. I don't let it get below 50% battery life, for fear of damaging the SD card again. I retire the battery's to flashlight duty. I wish I could buy a few more at this price. Lol

Thanks for the Up Date- Time for me to make a statement similar to your statement - My CR is also providing some corrupt photos lately too. Testing on video this week. Both my Primos Cams have failed in just a year of service.
Anyone else have a fix for this?
Primos Cams will not be on my Christmas Wish List this year :wink:
Just an update, my cheap primos is still doing very well. I only use it on video mode. I had the battery's get low and it corrupted the SD card. I can't delete or format it. I bought a new card and more battery's and its still going strong. I don't let it get below 50% battery life, for fear of damaging the SD card again. I retire the battery's to flashlight duty. I wish I could buy a few more at this price. Lol

I have 4 Primos CRs I bought at Walmart on sale. They are very reliable cameras. I like them except that I've had them spook deer at night. I was blaming the IR until I noticed just this past weekend that the 2 holes that I thought were light sensors are actually a green and red LED that light up during a trigger. I think I solved the problem by taping over them.

I can report one similar experience to yours two weeks ago. I pulled a camera in video mode that had 40% battery life. The memory card was corrupted and became unreadable after a few views on the computer. However I blamed the card, it was a cheap Kodak card that was several years old. I'll keep an eye out now to see if this happens again with new Sandisk cards.

My experiences with the 4 CR cameras I own has otherwise been so positive that I've been wanting to try other Primos cameras. I like Primos' toggle system for the settings. If indeed the problems with spooking the game have been solved by covering the LEDs, I'll at the least be ordering more of the CR cameras if not trying some of the other models.
Mine is still working well. Only negative at this time is the sensor picks up further than the camera at night. I get deer running or walking in video mode at like 35yds during the daytime, so I know its pickup them up that far away at night,but I dont see anything on the video. Ive since tried the camera on pic mode with multi shot burst and it works well also. Have had a couple white outs around early morning, typical of cameras during transition times. Also worth mentioning, mine doesnt have small led lights indicating its sensing like Bullfrog 31581 has mentioned. Mine is the older big box style, similar to the first version Primos introduced. A guess is its like 5x8x3" housing where the lower portion swings open to toggle the switches. The newer ones are built on the mini platform, which I don't have any experience with.
Mine is still working well. Only negative at this time is the sensor picks up further than the camera at night. I get deer running or walking in video mode at like 35yds during the daytime, so I know its pickup them up that far away at night,but I dont see anything on the video. Ive since tried the camera on pic mode with multi shot burst and it works well also. Have had a couple white outs around early morning, typical of cameras during transition times. Also worth mentioning, mine doesnt have small led lights indicating its sensing like Bullfrog 31581 has mentioned. Mine is the older big box style, similar to the first version Primos introduced. A guess is its like 5x8x3" housing where the lower portion swings open to toggle the switches. The newer ones are built on the mini platform, which I don't have any experience with.

Mine are also the big ones with the lower portion that swings open. The LEDs on mine are not pictured on most product pictures of the camera and only appear in one picture in the instruction manual without explanation as to their purpose. I had to test them taped over in both light and darkness before i was satisfied that they weren't actually light sensors. I presume based on them being absent on most product pictures and the fact that your cameras do not have them that mine cameras are some sort of fluky models. Perhaps a Walmart special. I did buy them at Walmart for $80 a piece at the end of hunting season a couple of years ago when they were around $120-140 for the regular hunting season. I thought I got them at a steal then.
Model 119975C External power.

Hi Anthony. See my battery tray clone to enable ex[…]

Ridgetec lookout questions?

ok thanks. how many points would an upload for a[…]

I’m bummed

We discussed this. The Fresnel and the PIR sensor[…]

Also, you can set up Windows 10 so it looks like t[…]