Please make any announcements here related to personal concerns, health issues, etc.
By Ol Arky
Not very much has changed since I got out of the hospital and saw my heart doctor today for follow up after arteriogram several weeks ago... All that was done was he increase my Ranexa from 500mg to 1000mg twice a day... :( :( Still on a short leash but he doesn't want to see me again for 6 months... I questioned that but didn't get a good answer other than if I needed um to call um... I hate that my ol' heart doctor retire... The kids and at least one of my duck huntin' buddies want me to go to a new heart doctor in Little Rock... I hate to drive to Little Rock to do anythin' much less see a doctor or be in a hospital But I told um if things don't get better in a month or so I'll get alll my medical records from the heart doctor here and call and get a appointment with the new un in Little Rock... :( :(

I hate to start all over after 11 years with my ol' doctor... :( :( I tried to make a deal with my ol' heart doctor to not retire until I died but smiled and told me he'd keep me alive too long... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I sure do miss um... Best doctor I ever had...
By slay
Yeah. A trusted physician is hard to find. Stay away from the revolving door like clinics. I went to one a few weeks back. I was not impressed. People came and went out of there every 2 minutes. I felt like I was in assembly line. The doc told me in less than 2 minutes nothing that I didnt already know. Heckofa consult doc. Here's my copay, now bill Blue cross for the rest.

The good news is I am fit as a fiddle, blood test etc all came back fine. I just need to talk myself into the colonoscopy. Sounds waaay too invasive.

Good luck in whatever ya do Phil.
By Ol Arky
The heart doctor I'm usin' now was the backup to my ol' un... This doctor already had 2 strikes against um for his treatment of me a couple a times when my regular doctor wasn't on call... With the positve nucular stress but nothin' found with the arteriogram and no additional treatment other than doublein' some medication... That just might be strike 3... :| :|
By jmckins
Good luck Arky....due to a very bad family history I go to a heart doctor myself....hard to find a good one....especially one that don't look at me and ask me "what you doing here"...cause I'm only 33. Automatic three strikes when they ask that!
By sdatver
Hope all goes well for you!
By dbaxter
I hope & pray you find another good heart doctor Phil.

Maybe your heart is just too big! :D

David
By rgilley
hope it keeps working out for you arky
By ko4nrbs

I just need to talk myself into the colonoscopy. Sounds waaay too invasive.

I've been getting them regularly since the mid eighties. Not bad any more as they sedate you. My first with sedation was in the mid nineties. They start an IV administer the medication and when you wake up it's all over.

The clean out process is much easier to. You have to drink a gallon of the stuff but it doesn't taste that bad anymore. It's a vast improvement compared to what I used to have to do!!

Because of my history of polyps and colitis I have to get them annually.

It's a small price to pay to avoid Colon Cancer!!
Bill
By Big JohnP
Wish you the best of health. Just have to take things a little slower. :wink:
By bobcat
I don't miss my heart doctor at all!! He was one of those that let the nurse do all the work and then he would come in and consult. I timed him once...in and out in 14 seconds!! If you ask him a question it would seem to make him mad. He finally retired and I found a dandy.....:D
By Gforce

I just need to talk myself into the colonoscopy. Sounds waaay too invasive.

I've been getting them regularly since the mid eighties. Not bad any more as they sedate you. My first with sedation was in the mid nineties. They start an IV administer the medication and when you wake up it's all over.

The clean out process is much easier to. You have to drink a gallon of the stuff but it doesn't taste that bad anymore. It's a vast improvement compared to what I used to have to do!!

Because of my history of polyps and colitis I have to get them annually.

It's a small price to pay to avoid Colon Cancer!!
Bill

This is a warning everyone should take to heart, when you hit 50 a regular colonoscopy is good insurance. Been there and done that, Colon Cancer two years ago for a malignant polyp that had been around for a while and if I had started getting a colonoscopy at 50 instead of 60 I wouldn't have had to have 14 inches of my Colon removed. I only had one polyp but it had grown to the size of an egg and was malignant. Two years and two colonoscopys, later and no sign of new Polyps or Cancer and blood work and CT and Pet screens say I'm clean so far. Trust me the little inconvenience is worth it so just do it.
By chrishunts
I feel like a few others here. If your gut tells you to get another doc......do it. If he doesn't take the time to explain things to your satisfaction, or give you a clue as to why he does something, then you may not be any more than a number to him. Good luck.
Bobcat's back.

Hi Reaperman! It seems that this bobcat always t[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]