Please make any announcements here related to personal concerns, health issues, etc.
By dbaxter
Weekend of June 14-15 the A/C went out in my wifes 2006 Chevy HHR with 63,000 miles.
Monday June 16 around 10:00pm my wife pulls into the garage and calls me on the phone & informs me that she is unable to shut the vehicle off. I try (unsuccessfuly) for over an hour to get the thing to turn off (the ignition is totaly stuck in the ON position) finally about 11:30pm I call GM Roadside assistance and they inform me to pop the hood & pull the fuse to the fuel pump & then unhook the battery so it does not run the battery down (ignition is still stuck ON). We bought this vehicle new in 2006. In February of this year it had 60,409 miles and the engine went out. I paid $4,300 for a new engine. My mother passed away during this time.
My wife cannot drive my truck (stick shift).
Tuesday June 17 we go vehicle shopping. That evening I start urinating blood (not reddish colored urine but thick bright red blood). I did not tell her or anybody about that but, I was scared. I had to get her a vehicle she could drive very soon!
Wednesday June 18 I find THE CAR that she likes.
Thursday June 19 we get a call that her 83 yr old dad is in ER 50 miles away. We go there immediatly & stay until Saturday June 21 when we come back home, traded the HHR and buy the car (pulled the $$ from my retirement account) & head back to her dad. Been there ever since then.
Tuesday June 24 I went to a doctor over there and was told I had significant amount of blood in my urine (DUH!) and I am scheduled to see a uroligist next week.
Thursday June 26 Her dad passed away.
I hope I never have to go through anything like the last 2 weeks ever again.
My father in law was way better to me than my dad ever was. Really going to miss him. My wife was very close to him and is taking it pretty hard.
Any prayers would be really appreciated!

Job 1:21
...Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

David
By Big JohnP
Material things can be replaced. Family is way more important than anything else.

I'm really sorry for your loss. These can be extremely trying times for both of you. If I were you, I would talk to your wife. I understand that both of you have been through a lot lately but something like this should not be left to you alone. I know how scared a person can be in this situation. I've been through it myself. If this is the first sign, it can probably be taken care off in one way or another.

A few years ago, I had a cancerous tumor inside my ear and had to go for two operations and a full summer of radio therapy.
On my last check-up a few weeks ago, my doctors told me that everything is now clean and that there is a very good chance that the cancer will not come back. Over those two years, my wife and family were a support pillar for me. I can never thank them enough for that. They really helped my get through those hard times.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. Be strong and get everything done real soon.
By johnnydeerhunter
Prayers sent David, stay strong. As my wife repeatedly said while she was pregnant, God never gives us more than we can handle, he must think you're pretty tough.
By dhunter
Sometimes life can deal us a tough hand...but those who learn to play by the Rules with Wisdom usually can come out ahead in the end...I pray The Lord give you The Wisdom to navigate you & your family through this season of life & that you ALL come out blessed when this season comes to an end...HIS LOVE is everlasting & HE cares deeply 4 y'all! My wife & I will join you in prayer 4 Wisdom, direction & HIS Peace!
By bobcat
Praying for you David. God test our faith by giving us these burdens but He will not burden you with more than you can bear. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I was closer to my mother-in-law than my own mother and she passed back in January after being in a nursing home for 10 years. Never knew my father-in-law as he passed away when my wife was 13 years old.
By Roscoe
Dangit David! Hadn't "talked" to you in awhile. I was hoping things were getting better for you not worse. Really sorry to hear about all that's been going on in your life. Praying for you sir...
By rgilley
David, I sent a prayer you way, hoping for the best for you and the family. Rick
By dbaxter
Thanks everyone!
My wife & I truly appreciate the thoughts, prayers & encouragement!

David
Bobcat's back.

Hi Reaperman! It seems that this bobcat always t[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]