Please make any announcements here related to personal concerns, health issues, etc.
By dbaxter
Man, this has been a tough year! :cry: (see my previous topics in this section) Monday July 14th at about 2:00am our house got hit by lightning. It took out both garage door openers, air condition, water heater (bottom element & both thermostat/controls), cable modem for telephone & internet, answer machine, several electrical outlets, condensation pump in my crawlspace, cordless phone, power supplies to several of my wife's gadgets, fried my computer (I'm using hers right now). We have a $2500 deductible so that isn't going to help. Except for the air conditioner unit I have been doing all of the repairs myself and I am no plumber or electrician. I guess that my wife wasn't too fond of those cold showers :o . I fixed the water heater very late last Thursday evening and you should have seen the wonderful note she left me Friday morning :D . I am thankful that last week while working on all of this the weather was great (highs in the low to mid 70's).
All in all things could have been much worse than they were and I am thankful that my wife and I are OK and our house is still intact and I also had a fairly recent full backup of my computer on an external drive.

3 days prior to this, while checking my cams, the tree mount holding one of my beloved Bushnell 466's had been rotated sideways (probably by a coon) and when I opened it to change the card it was full of water! :evil: been drying it out since then. Not sure if it survived yet or not, been kinda busy.
I'm still trying to find a very inexpensive win7 laptop to replace mine.
What I want to know is who has the dbaxter Voodoo doll? If it is one of you guys I want it to STOP immediately :evil: :mrgreen:

David
By dbaxter
In all honesty, this is just a little bump in the road. It's just stuff. Losing mom in February and then losing my father in law less than a month ago THAT was difficult.

David
By johnnydeerhunter
David, I got this one from our new CNC tech at work. He's from Louisiana and gave it to me on his last visit. The instructions say they can be used for good as well and the normal voodoo type actions. It's on my desk at work still since there's a few guys there that might need some attitude adjustments.lol I'll give it a shot next week and see if it's powers of good can help you out.

By dbaxter
David, I got this one from our new CNC tech at work. He's from Louisiana and gave it to me on his last visit. The instructions say they can be used for good as well and the normal voodoo type actions. It's on my desk at work still since there's a few guys there that might need some attitude adjustments.lol I'll give it a shot next week and see if it's powers of good can help you out.

Thanks Johnny! Worth a shot I guess. :D

Checked my 466 today - It no longer works either! :evil: :cry:

David
By johnnydeerhunter
OK, I left the white pin in and followed the instructions (I think).....
Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Bobcat's back.

I was surprised tonight when I was checking my cam[…]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]