Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By Mjn1979
You could test this at night simply by setting it up and doing some walk tests with cam door open and closed. Then compare the photos to see if any improvement with the door open.
the pics are not that bad on this thing. the imaginary camera that some think this should be does not exist.

i will admit mine is a late production model. for the most part the things said about this camera are true. yes you cannot zoom in on any of the brownings but TBH zooming in on any cams that i own is somewhat ineffective.

bottom line is these things work.
are they better than all cams at anything? no, but they are a great camera trap.
By birdog
I'm a little late on this one but thought I would share what I was told by a camera rep. I was told the black plastic on the no glows is for marketing and is not what makes it "no glow". I was able to confirm this on my Moultrie 990's by leaving the door open and triggering the camera. I could not see the IR flash at all with the door open.
the pics are not that bad on this thing. the imaginary camera that some think this should be does not exist.

i will admit mine is a late production model. for the most part the things said about this camera are true. yes you cannot zoom in on any of the brownings but TBH zooming in on any cams that i own is somewhat ineffective.

bottom line is these things work.
are they better than all cams at anything? no, but they are a great camera trap.

I have to agree with you on the"imaginary" black out camera with good pics does not exist. Look at the Reconyx hc 600 night pics. they have a slight grainy texture to them and it is the most expensive blackout on the market. I tried 2 bushnell 119677c and 678c and their night pics were worse than the BTC-3 Spec ops xr I tried out last night. I think i am going back to infra red till they figure it all out. My avatar pic is from 2008 moultrie i40. It was slower and narrower and less light but its night picks kicked butt. I got more full on face pics of deer than with anything else. WTF
By Stanley
I have many different brand Black out cameras. They all take poor night pictures. I think white flash will be coming back soon. There is not much difference in black out night pictures and no night pictures. JMHO
My Bushnell 466 "Black Flash" (it's really not a black flash because you can clearly see the LED's firing at night) takes excellent night pictures.
By daveco
I recently purchased 3 spec ops. I have one set up near a plot watcher pro, and believe it didn't trip at least once, when it should have. I plan to put a strike force and a spec op together so I can compare them, but the season is getting late and I was thinking of pulling my cams until turkey season. Maybe I will leave the two brownings, just to see when I can start shed hunting.
dlc covert code black 2013

hello..did any of you here have to sell 2013 2g co[…]

Italian chamois

Very nice!

Sunset Buck-Browning Recon Force Edge

Michigan. https://youtu.be/aEBIoDB1SNc

Hi, Our Ridgetec Lookout Dual 4G LTE camera is a […]