Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
Just spoke to support at Browning trail cameras and even though they say the SD cards that their trail cameras are compatible with fall within a LIMITED megabytes/sec. read speed, their attitude seems to be that they are not really interested in either posting detailed info regarding what SD card speed range(s) are compatible with their cameras nor are they interested in placing this info on the trail cameras themselves, the camera's instruction manuals or on the camera's packaging.

They said something about that doing so would give an unfair advantage to their competitors. I hardily disagree with this assumption because in my mind MORE information is ALWAYS better than LESS information and I believe that posting this info on their website, etc. would be strictly to their business's benefit not to it's detriment.
I've never had issues using cards with lower read/write speeds. I regularly use class 4 cards in my Brownings the have a transfer speed of only 4 mb/s. In fact I have some old Kingston 2gb cards that I've been using for over 10 years in all of my trail cams without issue. However, I seldom use video mode in my browning cams.

Now, I have had issues using a higher speed card in Browning cams before. That card was a Sony, class 10, u1, 70 mb/s. The trail camera would act like it was working. It would trigger, flash, but not write any photos to the sd card. A little research showed that browning cameras have issues writing higher speed cards. There is a thread on the browning forum on this website covering this topic. Its a couple of years old, use the search tool. I can't say if the present Browning lineup still has the same issues, hopefully its corrected. Its not easy to find smaller, lower speed sd cards these days.
Last edited by reaperman on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The support guy at Browning talked like finding older/lower speed cards was not an issue. Said he could easily find them on Walmart's website. Well I looked and he is correct, they are there alright almost $25.00 for an older slow 30mb/s 32gb card. Browning's problem is that apparently they are making no efforts to keep up with changing technology, at least not when it comes to faster SD card speeds. When word gets out on this it may eventually cost them sales.
Between my brother in law and I we have 34 Browning cameras, his are all newer models and mine are from 2015 to present. We use videos exclusively. I had issues with 2 of my cams with Kingston cards a couple of years ago, I switched to Sandisk Ultra 80mb per sec 32gb class 10 cards and have had no issues since then. We now use them in all our cams.
If you have a Office Depot nearby these are cheap:
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/ ... DHC-Flash/

When I bought one browning cam from a trailcampro, it came with a, Sandisk Ultra, 40mb/s, class 10, 8gb card. The one listed below is 16gb but the same card. I have a few of these cards and they work well in all my Brownings
CanadaJack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 am Between my brother in law and I we have 34 Browning cameras, his are all newer models and mine are from 2015 to present. We use videos exclusively. I had issues with 2 of my cams with Kingston cards a couple of years ago, I switched to Sandisk Ultra 80mb per sec 32gb class 10 cards and have had no issues since then. We now use them in all our cams.
Dear Jack: What I have found is that Sandisk (& perhaps other brands) of SD cards rated below 120mb/s will work on Browning trail cameras. But if you try a Sandisk "ImageMate" available at most Wal-Marts which is rated on its label as 120mb/s, you will find that it will not work with any consistence in Browning trail cameras - it will even lock the camera up, in that, you can no longer move thru the various functions on the camera's setup menus and at times can not even turn the camera either off or on. Browning's support reps suggestion is that what they refer to as "sweet spot" for SD cards to use in their trail cameras is SD cards with speed rating of 30mb/s. If you will look around the Internet and elsewhere these days it is almost impossible to find older cards with that slow mb/s rating. Only places I found were Walmart's site and some probably used ones on Ebay and their price on them was approx. $25.00 about 4 or 5 times what you would pay for a newer modern technology 80 or better mb/s card. This tells me that Browning is not keeping up the technology of the hardware in their cameras to match the modern SD cards that are now commonly available on the market. And here is the real problem, according to their tech. reps. they will not consider even warning the public of this technology incompatibility problem by listing the SD card speed requirements on their website, on the cameras instruction manuals or on the cameras packaging. And also, when you call their tech reps. you get widely varying answers as to what speed ranges of SD cards are 100% compatible with their trail cameras. And their tech reps. reason given for not wanting to give full/accurate disclosure on this info is because none of the other trail camera brand makers are willing to do so, so they are not going to either. In other words, they are going to continue to live in the past and not keep up with modern storage device technology and basically to %%#(@(#$ with their customers.
I was just passing on what we found would work on our cameras. Just ordered a fresh batch of cards from Amazon because we just ordered a couple of more cameras. We also tried micro sd cards in a couple of the new cams and had a few issues so we scrapped that idea. Hope you find something that will work for you because we've found Brownings to be excellent cams.
CanadaJack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm I was just passing on what we found would work on our cameras. Just ordered a fresh batch of cards from Amazon because we just ordered a couple of more cameras. We also tried micro sd cards in a couple of the new cams and had a few issues so we scrapped that idea. Hope you find something that will work for you because we've found Brownings to be excellent cams.
Jack, I agree that they are generally great cameras, i.e. take wonderfully FHD/1080p videos especially during good day lighting conditions. I believe that one of the support tech reps said that their cameras were not compatible with the micro cards. Only real except to being great cameras is the problem which I discussed on another post on this forum regarding some of their models displaying completely ridiculous temperatures on the info strip. Again, my point of this particular post is that it would be extremely helpful to Browning's customers and IMO beneficial to their business if they would post detailed accurate info as to what speeds of SD cards were compatible with each model of their trail cameras. It has become quite clear to me that you can not depend on getting any consistent technical information from their tech. reps., just depends on which one you get on the phone as to what answers you might get.
Last edited by wpshooter on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanadaJack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 am Between my brother in law and I we have 34 Browning cameras, his are all newer models and mine are from 2015 to present. We use videos exclusively. I had issues with 2 of my cams with Kingston cards a couple of years ago, I switched to Sandisk Ultra 80mb per sec 32gb class 10 cards and have had no issues since then. We now use them in all our cams.
34? I hope one of you two works at a factory that makes batteries.
We've usually got 20 or so in the field long term, the rest mostly fall use only. Everyone at the hunting camp chips in for batteries, sd cards and such. It gives us old guys something to do in the spring and summer months. :D
I always use Class 10 cards and never have a problem and have so for years in my many Browning cameras with zero issues, Class 4 cards usually give me choppy video playback.
Kid
Bobcat's back.

Hi Reaperman! It seems that this bobcat always t[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]