Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Cuddeback cameras.
By luv2hunt8
I recently picked up a Cudde E2 and have a few pics to share. I've never had a Cudde before so this is a new adventure but this one looked interesting. This one is about the size of the Moultrie 880 and takes 8 AA batteries. The programming is a little different from what I've had in the past but once you go through it a couple times its pretty easy. This cam seems to have lots of flexibility as you can adjust the PIR width and day vs night settings can be changed. It's suppose to do pictures, video and TL but all I'm interested in is the picture mode. Trigger speed claims are 1/4 of a second but that is usually exaggerated however it does catch me very fast as I walk into camera view. The PIR seems very sensitive and during the week in the woods while it rained no leaks appear to be a problem. I tried it on 20 MP and medium resolution (4MP?) but I don't see much difference...pics are average but the color is very good. The night time flash claim (100ft) is probably close to right however I use it where it can only reach about 45 feet before hotting some thick trees. Below are a few examples...
By johnnydeerhunter
Thanks for posting them up, that's a lot of light it seems to throw out there at night.
By NantucketShedHunter
Day pictures aren't that good. Night picture isn't too bad.
By Konk
Day pictures aren't that good. Night picture isn't too bad.

That was my thought too.
By luv2hunt8
Day pics are average nothing special. I think they are a touch out of focus but ok however the color seems a little more realistic than my Moultrie or Bushnell. I don't see a big advantage over they Moultrie style cameras maybe battery life but time will tell on that. I'd give it a similar score as a Browning or Moultrie but it has more programming options. So far this year I have purchased the Cudde, a Browning BTC-5 and the Stealth G42ng. It fits in with the others but they each excell in different ways.
By bobcat
What's with the blue looking rainbow in the day pics? I had a Capture that did the same thing but they were more orange looking.

Last edited by bobcat on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By luv2hunt8
I think it's just glare from the sky. It not on all days pics but most of them. I'll have to move it and see if it gets worse or goes away.
By johnnydeerhunter
Almost looks like vignetting from the cut filter
Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Bobcat's back.

I was surprised tonight when I was checking my cam[…]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]