Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Cuddeback cameras.
When I got out of the trail camera hobby Cuddebacks were known among hard-core trail cammers to be low quality cameras that rode on their hype and good reputation from the bygone era of early, primitive trail cameras.

I'm on the market for some cheap true black flash cameras and the E3 has caught my eye. What reviews I can read seem positive. Its about the right price for me. I need 1) true black flash, 2) long battery life, and 3) reliable sensing. It looks like word of mouth establishes a long battery life. Does anyone know if the 2014 E3 is a true black-flash camera and has is solved Cuddeback's sensing problems that the models from the late 2000s had? Thanks!

Edited: I just read a review that specified that the lights are visible at close range. This won't work for me. I have some Primos black flash cameras that are barely visible and they scare the heck out of my older bucks. I need something that is truely invisible.
i have the E3 and it it is not the old cuddy much better day pic. good night great good flash and clear pictures some blur at night on fast moving deer but not a lot on the flash / they say you can see it at 3 to 4 ft. i can not but thats me all my cams are black flash because of what you said i have a couple of the G42 at 5 ft. the doe dont like it at 7/8 ft. they dont seam bothered by it on the cuddy the set up is great you can set up day and night different 2 pic. with 30 sec, between pictures and 4or 5 pic or video at night for the money a great camera
When I got out of the trail camera hobby Cuddebacks were known among hard-core trail cammers to be low quality cameras that rode on their hype and good reputation from the bygone era of early, primitive trail cameras.

I'm on the market for some cheap true black flash cameras and the E3 has caught my eye. What reviews I can read seem positive. Its about the right price for me. I need 1) true black flash, 2) long battery life, and 3) reliable sensing. It looks like word of mouth establishes a long battery life. Does anyone know if the 2014 E3 is a true black-flash camera and has is solved Cuddeback's sensing problems that the models from the late 2000s had? Thanks!

Edited: I just read a review that specified that the lights are visible at close range. This won't work for me. I have some Primos black flash cameras that are barely visible and they scare the heck out of my older bucks. I need something that is truely invisible.

Truely invisible is very hard to come by most cameras today that are labeled as No Glow are actually low glow. I bet your Primos cameras depending on age especially might have a slight flilter clunk and make a noise when they take a picture I know a few of the older models were like this this might be what gets there attention. Compared to regular infrared you can't go wrong with today's low glow cameras as far as spooking deer. You could always mount it higher out of the line of site like above 5' that is a good trick.
I'll check my Primos cameras for filter clunk. To my recollection they flip the filter once between daylight and dark but I couldn't say for sure.

The glow most certainly isn't intense to my eyes. Its a faint purple glow. Yet the bucks can't stand it. Its specifically bucks that don't like it. Mostly old bucks but I also have video of a nice young buck spooking from it multiple times over multiple nights. Does are ok with it.

I did own a first model Bushnell HD 720p a few years ago. It had a faint glow that was barely visible up close in total darkness but no deer paid it any mind that I could tell. I lost that camera in a tropical storm.

I'd be happy with any camera they don't spook at. Because I know the Bushnell worked in the past I might go with them, as I see the HD models are still around.
Bobcat's back.

Hi Reaperman! It seems that this bobcat always t[…]

Thief

I'm not sure what kind of egg this crow found but […]

Grey wolf

The change of the coat starts this season. This wo[…]

Bobcat

I love bobcats! In Italy it is extinct in many reg[…]