For those of you with smartphones or internet at deercamp, use this forum to take us along with you on your hunting adventures. Post pictures from the stand or deercamp. Add comments and updates as you can. We'd love to follow you along on your hunt! Please note that Chasingame assumes no liability if you get busted by that buck of a lifetime while playing on your phone on stand. :mrgreen:
By Roscoe
#340566 Had a lot going on this year and just didn't hunt much during deer season this year. Hunted yesterday afternoon and saw 3 young bucks. One was a legal shooter, but he wasn't what I was looking for. I did shoot a coyote. That was my second one this season. Hunted this morning and saw 3 does. They hung around forever. I was hoping some interested bucks would show, but they did not.

Two of the does came in together. At one point they walked maybe 15yrds from my tower. I snapped a pic of each as they passed. Body size wise they were pretty identical to me. I thought the staining on their hocks was interesting. The first doe was heavily stained and the second's was snow white:

By Roscoe
#340567 I brought my new AR with me that a buddy help me build and my deer rifle. Kind of hoping a big group of pigs comes in so I can squeeze a few off with the AR. In any event, I'm well armed. :mrgreen:

By NantucketShedHunter
#340568 All the deer hunting seasons have ended where I live. I can't put any cameras back out until the shed hunters and rabbit hunters leave. Otherwise, all my cameras would get stolen.
By Roscoe
#340570 GoCam got a pig shot tonight. It was getting pretty darn dark. I was packing up to climb down out of stand when I see a GoApp notification pop up on my phone. This was the picture:
So I grab my binoculars for a quick look and see the pig. I figured I give it a look through my scope. I couldn't see the cross hairs on the pig, but I could see them above, below and side to side against the brown grass. I got a good rest and squeezed off a round. The squealing started. The next pic came in:
If that's an exit wound on him I hit him high. He got up and I heard a lot of crashing through brush and grunting before it got quiet. I suspect it's coyote bait tonight.
By talks2elk
#340572 good pics and better story. Glad you got the pig. I'm glad we don't have pigs up here where I'm at. I'd rather deal with the bears :lol:
By johnnydeerhunter
#340574 Nice shooting Ross, Yote bait is good, better than them chasing down your deer.
By Ol Arky
#340588 Good going pig killer... :D :D
By reaperman
#348703 I like the photo of your weapons. I've had a Remington 700 for over 30 years now and I love it, its very accurate. I actually found a great deal on a new scope this fall to upgrade the old scope with. But I haven't been brave enough to make the switch yet. Like they say, "if its not broke".
By T-post
#348704 Ross,

I wonder if your doe with stained hocks is actually a buck that has already shed his antlers? I was hunting in the Texas Hill Country last weekend and had exactly that scenario...I've never seen any of our bucks shed this early...maybe it has something to do with our unusually warm winter?

Pat
By Roscoe
T-post wrote:Ross,

I wonder if your doe with stained hocks is actually a buck that has already shed his antlers? I was hunting in the Texas Hill Country last weekend and had exactly that scenario...I've never seen any of our bucks shed this early...maybe it has something to do with our unusually warm winter?

Pat

This thread is from last years hunt! :mrgreen:

reaperman wrote:I like the photo of your weapons. I've had a Remington 700 for over 30 years now and I love it, its very accurate. I actually found a great deal on a new scope this fall to upgrade the old scope with. But I haven't been brave enough to make the switch yet. Like they say, "if its not broke".

I have all the parts to build a really nice 6.8spc AR. I really want it to become my go to hunting gun for deer and also have the capacity and ease to get off multiple rounds on groups of pigs quickly. I had the parts a couple months before hunting season and never got around to assembling it.

So I'm putting away my Remington after the final hunt last weekend and I'm thinking, "How in the world am I ever going to not deer hunt with this rifle?" I think I got it & the Leupold in the fall of 1984 and I've never deer hunted with any other rifle....ever.