Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Solo_Cam_2100
The MB500 uses 12AA batteries, which should give it some good running time. I don't know about the picture size; I assume it'll be 640x480.

The MMS picture sent was a constant 640x480, with the option to select a wide format picture in the camera settings. That didn't really up the resolution, just a wider photo. Looked nice on the Iphone.

On another note - The "Panda" states on its box that you can receive a GPRS photo in 800x600.

Almost forgot if any of you didn't know, you can have your name/title stamped on the top right corner of the pictures sent.
By Solo_Cam_2100
Since you have both the panda and MB500 I will be interested in how these two cams compare overall.

I will get some examples posted as soon as I can. And my opinion on features. Have a great day
By T-post
My MB500 arrived a day early. :D

I went through the setup menu this evening. I like that you can choose between 12hr and 24hr time format as well as the format used for the date. Overall the camera seems to be well made. Rick was correct about the "remote operation" features being very limited...honestly, they are a joke. You have to program a time during the 24hr day for the camera to check and see if you've texted any commands to it; my understanding is that the camera only accepts one remote command every 24 hours. Equally disappointing is that the possible remote commands are only for the "Send Mode" and not anything that I can ever envision a real need for. If I'm reading correctly, you can turn the camera off remotely, but you would have to physically go to the camera to turn it back on. There is also no option to remotely trigger a picture.

Here's what the manual says about remote operation:

I put the camera on my back porch a few minutes ago and received a text message picture of a couple of raccoons coming to steal left over cat food. The flash sure seems bright, but I'm a little disappointed that the coons are so blurry...maybe they were moving fast.

By code1
I think the panda is the same as far as you can turn the mms off but not back on. The funny thing is it has a "on"code ???? I guess it's for looks. The instant pic works nice and you can add/delete numbers and email address. Im still testing at the house another 12 hours then to the woods tomorrow.
By mattpatt
That's weird. If it has a "on" command you'd think it would work. What they need is to just turn the PIR off instead of the GSM radio which is what it appears it's doing. But why include the "on" command if it doesn't work? Makes me think they may have rushed the camera out the door to get it and plan to do some firmware updates later on. Fingers crossed...
By mattpatt
Even if it does turn the whole camera off and you have to manually go on site to turn it back off it's a step in the right direction. I could still use it on my hog traps since the only time I would turn the camera off is if I caught some and don't want it spamming my phone with a bunch of pigs running around in the trap. I'll be going out there to remove the hogs from the trap, reset the trap, etc. anyway.
By mattpatt
Who knows...

Maybe DLC will do one better and come out with a cam that you can actually turn on remotely or like said before just be able to turn off the PIR. hint hint
By robnj
omg :(
By T-post
Here's some sample pics. The first six are off of the SD card, followed by the same six pictures as they were transmitted to my phone. I feel that the overall picture quality is poor with too much grain and blur in the night pictures. The transmitted pictures are pretty well useless because the file size is reduced much more than what is necessary to reliably send MMS pictures.

My advice is don't buy a MB500, wait for the 2013 Code Black to be released.

By bobcat
My advice is don't buy a MB500, wait for the 2013 Code Black to be released.

Hate to say it but you are right. They are very grainy and pretty much useless.
It seems as though Uway manufactured cameras are plagued with issues....I had good luck with the VH200 but both have stopped working. We use to see a lot of praise on CS at least but that's fallen off also. I'm really disappointed with their first 2013 offering.
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ