Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Man, I'm glad I buy my cameras from Rick @ CAMO. Rick saw the pics that I posted and sent me an email saying that I should send the camera back to him for a refund. I thought about it for awhile and decided he was right....or in Ricks words "I could never sleep knowing I sold junk to my customers. Those darn cameras are not ready to go to market".

Thanks Rick! :D
Rick @ CAMO is awesome!
By drrxnupe
Here's some sample pics. The first six are off of the SD card, followed by the same six pictures as they were transmitted to my phone. I feel that the overall picture quality is poor with too much grain and blur in the night pictures. The transmitted pictures are pretty well useless because the file size is reduced much more than what is necessary to reliably send MMS pictures.

My advice is don't buy a MB500, wait for the 2013 Code Black to be released.

I'm totally new to trail cams. For my first cam, I want to jump directly to a cellular unit seeing as though it will be placed 4 hours from where i live. Considering that I'm a newbie, I don't think the text pics look bad at all??? You can obviously see what's there. How much quality can you expect from a cam design that has other emphasis (i.e. cellular feature).

That said, is there another cam with cellular capability and 2-way communication that has better qualities? I've heard crap stories about Spypoint.

Thanks,
Marcus
Marcus,

I ended up returning the Uway MB500 and replaced it with a HCO Panda MMS camera. I've been very happy with the Panda and the remote control features work perfectly.
Here's a link to the Panda on the CAMO website. Rick, the owner of CAMO is a great guy; he said "Pat send me back that Uway MB500, I'll replace it with a Panda, you'll really like it"...Rick was right!
http://www.camoutdoorstore.com/HCO_Scou ... meras.html

I've really like and respect Rick, as I've gotten to know him well and have developed a healthy business relationship with him where we both feel very confident referring potential customers to each other. You'll find the same high endorsement of Rick at CAMO from many of the other forum members here. Send him an email and ask about the Chasingame member discount.
I loaned a friend the SIM card out of my Panda, so I don't have any sample pics right now, but here's a very informative thread:
viewtopic.php?t=32425

I don't know much about the UM562.
The Covert Code Black is an excellent MMS camera. The 2013 version isn't on the market yet, but it is rumored to have two way communication like the Panda.
Last edited by T-post on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The UM562 is a pretty good cam. I've now got one in camo, and one with the brown case.
Other than having a red IR flash and some minor differences in the front of the case, they're very similar to the Code Black (UM565). The UM562 has 40 LEDs, the Code Black has 60 "black flash" LEDs. The UM562 supports up to a 16 GB card, the UM565 can use up to a 32 GB card.
I'm not sure if the UM562 can go above 5 megapixels, but the Code Black does 5 MP "real" and 8 MP interpolated.
ChasinGame UM562 review: <http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=246>
Thanks Pat. Do you mind sending or posting sample pics from MMS text from your Panda? Thanks

Also...do you have any experience with the UM562?

By the way... we have reviews here at chasingame. I typically post samples for people to look at:
http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=291
Thanks guys! I ended up getting the Panda. Also got the camlockbox and external power cord to hook up to a battery in the future. So far I tested it a bit over the weekend and it seems decent so far. I got pics of my dog snooping around and a stray cat drinking from a fountain in my backyard. Of course my baseline is "never used a trail cam before," so I'm pretty naive. I'm hoping to put it on my hunting property next weekend. Will post pics of true wildlife as soon as they start coming in.

Thanks,
Marcus
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]