Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Mobility

Look about half way down the page to Radio frequency summary
I just put my Iphone 5S into field test mode and it is using Band Class 17. This is 700 Mhz.
This is good news for rural operations as that frequency punches out further than 850 Mhz.

Now we gotta convince game camera manufacturers to us 4G LTE Band Class 17.

Iphone 5S field test code: dial *3001#12345#* (just dial it in as if you calling the number then tap CALL.

Mike
By Roscoe
On my ltl acorn 5210mm the MMS module is separate from the actual camera. The camera opens up like a clam shell and the back part of it is the actually mms module and the front part is the camera. I think this is what they are talking about. I could see where you may be able to just replace the back half with another that supports 3G.

Can someone pose that question to the maker of the ltl Acorn?
Mike

Ill try to give Tom @ oldboys a call next week and see what he can tell me. I'm going to look closer at my 6210 this afternoon and see how it's put together.
By mattpatt
Here's my 5210MM

The MMS module is on the right and the camera on the left. So it would be possible that maybe they could come up with a 3G version of the MMS module while not having to completely replace the camera.
Here's my 5210MM

The MMS module is on the right and the camera on the left. So it would be possible that maybe they could come up with a 3G version of the MMS module while not having to completely replace the camera.

Looks like 4 screws to get the old one out. I like forward thinking!
Mike
I'm still getting texts sent from my Little Acorn. I really wish AT&T would tell us when they are going to stop service from our trail cams. They just stop. No warning. Nothing.
By mattpatt
I would say trail cams are probably not a priority for them.
I don't think that they know that trail cameras use their service. When I called AT&T when first activating my SIM car for the Little Acorn they had no idea what a trail camera was.
By LibbyLA
Late to the party, folks, but we're having the same problem with our Covert Special Ops, in addition to it not obeying #500#. Last email I got was 2/5 at 1:53 AM.

So AT&T is happy to charge us for messages to email but not deliver them? Isn't that special?

I guess I could set the camera to send to two gmail accounts because I get notifications on my personal gmail account on my phone, but I'd rather not have to do that.
By rocky
T Mobile here i come
By mattpatt
I can say with 100% certainty that txt is working. I never use email since I use my cams primarily for hog trapping I need to know instantly when I receive a picture.
By LibbyLA
Unfortunately, I don't think T-Mobile is an option for us <sigh>.

Are y'all able to get pics with #500#?

Does anyone know if Covert is talking to AT&T? (I did read the thread last night; my apologies if I missed that.)
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]