Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Gforce
Unfortunately, I don't think T-Mobile is an option for us <sigh>.

Are y'all able to get pics with #500#?

Does anyone know if Covert is talking to AT&T? (I did read the thread last night; my apologies if I missed that.)

#500# works here just fine, only the email/phone problem doesn't work!
By Ol Arky
I know this is a dumb question but if it don't send the picture to your email on your computer how would it send a picture to your email on your cellphone?????? :? :? :?
Lots of good information and detective work here. Thanks everyone.

Question:
This June my Acorn MM cam will be 3 years old. It's running flawlessly now. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Covert MMS cam when the Acorn dies if it ever does. Question. Will MMS cams ever be able to send the pictures to e-mail again or has AT&T banned that service from trail cameras for good?
By C.A.M.O.
Lots of good information and detective work here.
............ :mrgreen:

I think you will have it again with the new 2014 Cameras..... But then you will most likely have to pay extra for the Data Feature.
Another words, it was free up till now, though a loophole. So you got to enjoy it while it lasted I guess.

Rick! :D
I gotcha. Thanks for that. All good things come to an end.
FYI - I was told that my GSM relay controller is 3G. It of course only sends and receives text messages so I have no way to test it for being 3G compliant.

As consumers we should demand to know if our game cameras are 3G compliant or not. And, if not answered, we as a group should no longer buy cams makes that refuse to answer this question.

Mike
By Roscoe
FYI - I was told that my GSM relay controller is 3G. It of course only sends and receives text messages so I have no way to test it for being 3G compliant.

As consumers we should demand to know if our game cameras are 3G compliant or not. And, if not answered, we as a group should no longer buy cams makes that refuse to answer this question.

Mike

Unless someone is in dire need of an mms camera for security needs, no way would I buy one until the 3g's hit the market. It may literally be 3 more yrs until 2g goes away in your area or longer, but it could be a lot less as well.
By Ol Arky
Another dumb question from this ol' backwoods dummy... :geek: :geek:

Can someone that uses AT&T phone service text, email or even call some one that uses Verison????????????????
By LibbyLA
Ol' Arky,

You don't have to use the same company to be able to phone, text, or email someone. We have Verizon phones and the game camera is on AT&T (not by choice, but there wasn't a Verizon camera).
By mattpatt

Mike

Unless someone is in dire need of an mms camera for security needs, no way would I buy one until the 3g's hit the market. It may literally be 3 more yrs until 2g goes away in your area or longer, but it could be a lot less as well.

I wish I had known this back in December when I recommended that my brother purchase a Covert. Somehow I missed the GSM is going away memo from AT&T and didn't know the cam manufacturers were coming out with 3G versions for 2014. Had I know I would have told him to wait too.

This feature is now LIVE. Please reply if you hav[…]

BTC-4P review

Yes, still set for 1 min videos. I've started usin[…]

NICE bucks, the top one looks like a army tank com[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Finally, Boly is releasing the following two true […]