Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
My GoCam started shooting random pictures last night. It seemed like once it started it took 25 picures of nothing before I turned the sensitivity down from high to low. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I am guessing maybe it was from the wind. If so what sensitivity setting do most people leave there cameras on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I leave mine on normal most of the time. My fat thumbs accidentally changed it to high the other day and I got some false triggers until i realized what I'd done.

I also turned on timelapse at a 2 minute interval by mistake and then fell asleep on the couch, Luckily Roscoe caught it and sent me a message to turn it off. :mrgreen:
Now that I have it on normal seems to be acting better. This is strange because I have had it in the field for aprox. 6 months and I have never had this problem before. I am sure this is not the first windy day I have had. I guess there are too many variables to figure this one out. I am still getting a few blank pics on normal. Will wind affect these cameras? Also I am wondering what interval most people have theirs set on.
Wind doesn't affect the camera, it affects what the camera is photographing.

I have all of our cameras set on an interval of 0 seconds. None is in a high-traffic location and we are using them mostly for security so if there's movement, we want as many pictures as possible.
Like Libby says wind doesn't affect the camera directly but if it blows something around in the sensing area it can cause it to trigger. Also if the camera is on a tree that the wind causes to sway that can trigger the camera as well.

Remember with your delay between pics that the delay doesn't start until after the previous picture has been sent. So if it takes one minute to send the picture and you have it set to a thirty second delay your pics will be a minute and thirty seconds apart.
My GoCam was recently put at the edge of a big open field. I'm getting a ton of pictures during the heat of the day of nothing. Set to normal. Will try low tomorrow if I keep getting blank pictures.
Looks like the camera is going back, I have put it in three different places with nothing around it and it still takes random pics of nothing, I have even tried turning the sensitivity down to low. Seems like it works fine for a little while then all of a sudden it starts snapping of pics of nothing. Also I walked right up to it numerous times and it did not take a pic. I do have a quick question I am running an 4000 ma external battery with a Moultrie 6 volt solar panel, The panel is clipped on to the external battery leads on the external battery I am using this with the Spartan external power cable that goes in the bottom of the camera. Is anyone running anything like this? I just want to make sure I am not hurting anything by running it this way. Camera worked great for a couple of months before it started taking the random pics. I am guessing it is a problem with the PR sensor.
I would just run it off the internal batteries for a little bit to be sure. If it runs fine off the internals and then you switch back to the external with the solar panel then you'll know.
I tried it both with the internal and the external batteries and it took random pics of nothing both ways. I just wanted to make sure the battery was not getting overcharged by the solar panel causing damage to the camera. I am sure the solar panel has some kind of safety built in it if it is made by Moultrie. Just curious how many other people were using an external battery and solar panel and if they had any problems.
I tried it both with the internal and the external batteries and it took random pics of nothing both ways. I just wanted to make sure the battery was not getting overcharged by the solar panel causing damage to the camera. I am sure the solar panel has some kind of safety built in it if it is made by Moultrie. Just curious how many other people were using an external battery and solar panel and if they had any problems.

If you have not already tried this, when you bring the camera back in the send back to HCO, put it a closet of face it up against a wall to see if it will false trigger in an environment where you no there is no possibility of external triggers.
We are using a solar panel, unknown brand (got it from Custom1, I think) on one of our GoCams and haven't had any problems so far.

Are you still using this panel? How is it working for you?

Thanks!
Still using it, camera doesn't take many pics, not enough sunlight to keep it fully charged, but it works well enough where we have it. I wouldn't put it on a camera that takes a good many pics (ours typically takes two a day except on Sundays when it takes 5, plus a few when we arrive at the camp Friday night).

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]