Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Carphunter
So, Covert is offering to swap out my 2014 problems for the 2015.

Need to know, on these new cams... if they can't talk to their data provider... do they still take pictures anyway?

A key gripe of mine is that the 2014's do not take pictures when they lose signal. They also stop taking pictures when you update your text package count, and don't reboot the camera.
By LibbyLA
When we had a 2015, it would take pictures and try to send them. Sometimes it was successful, sometimes it wasn't, but it did take the pics.

Also, with the data plan, you will not have to worry about losing messages or having to reset the cameras. You can apply money to the account ahead of time and the new payment will kick in as soon as the old plan expires.

The DataConnect plans are no drama, unlike the GoPhone plans.
By Mjn1979
As of now, you can't communicate with the 2015 covert cell cams. They apparently have an app in the works thay will allow yoi to communicate with the cam. I have 2 2015 cams and they work very well for myself.I have them set to pir 24 hours a day and 8 hour timelapse so u get at least 3 pics from each cam a day.
By mattpatt
As of now, you can't communicate with the 2015 covert cell cams. They apparently have an app in the works thay will allow yoi to communicate with the cam. I have 2 2015 cams and they work very well for myself.I have them set to pir 24 hours a day and 8 hour timelapse so u get at least 3 pics from each cam a day.

You must have a old firmware cause mine won't do PIR + timelapse.

Matt
By Mjn1979
Both of mine have firmware ending in 14.
By Carphunter
who here did a cam upgrade from the 2014 to the new ones for $25?
1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]

Bucks Stayed Home Last Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6Bxuox2EI