Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By code1
The ATA Show is just around the corner has anyone heard any rumors if HCO has any new updates/new cams or features for their 2016 Cellular cams (currently the Spartan line)?
By Gforce
Just my speculation but I figure since HCO is so far ahead of everyone else in the field of Cell Cams that they will use the time to perfect what they already have. We may see some hardware changes but my guess is they will continue to work on the software for improvement. I'm not seeing any problems with the hardware so far. But who knows they may come to market with 4g next year and really put the "Butt Whipping" on their competition. There is one thing for sure, HCO has left everyone else in their dust when it comes to Cell Cams!
By NantucketShedHunter
I don't see how HCO can improve their cell cameras.
By code1
I tend to agree with you. These Spartans are far superior to the first Moultrie I45 with cell modem I started out with over 5 years ago. I thought this year HCO might add a invisible camo or lighting rod battery recharger for the Spartans. lol
By LibbyLA
Oh, there are some (little) improvements that can be made :lol:. From time to time, I'm emailing suggestions about things I wish were a little bit different. But it's all little stuff, kind of like the sprinkles on the icing on the cake. If nothing changed, I'd still be happy.

You saw ilovemycam's post about auto users getting the larger thumbnails soon? That's the sort of changes I think we will see for now, incremental rather than evolutionary for the time being.
By Gforce
4g is coming but just don't know when, even 3g is getting long in the tooth. Seems HCO is on the cutting edge while the others sit on their butt. HCO is a year ahead of Covert in software development and at the rate Covert is going, they may never catch up. Global compatible 4g is almost ready for "Prime Time" across all networks. No worry about compatibility between providers, only one Cam to produce, and not locked to one provider. I figure HCO will spend the time scaling up their network so when the "Jump" comes they will be the only one in the game ready.

I may be giving HCO a little more credit that due, but they seem to be the only ones with open ears, and they "DO" respond.
By code1
Call me crazy but I think a new HCO cell model is coming this week ATA.

Dealers all discounted their Instock Spartans and everyone is tight lipped when I ask about 16 models.

They may still be making the spartan and adding features or maybe going to something totally new or maybe offer two different models keeping the Spartan.

I guess we will know on Monday.
By LibbyLA
Or maybe they're trying to cut down on year-end inventory tax :D. Don't know what states have that, but I know we do in LA.
By ilovemycam
By bobcat
Nothing to do with the GoCam but I wish HCO would start making the Xtendir's again.
By ilovemycam
Yes, exactly! When the new plan roll out, the existing Verizon GoCam customer can switch to those plans as well.
By Roscoe
Yes, exactly! When the new plan roll out, the existing Verizon GoCam customer can switch to those plans as well.

There's some folks that will be very happy to hear this!
By Gforce
Guess I may have some AT&T goCams to sell. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gforce on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter
Guess I may have some AT&T goCam to sell. :mrgreen:

Was my thought at first but for a little over $3 a month not sure it's worth it.Hmmmmmmm :?:
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ