Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By NantucketShedHunter
Anyone else having problems with picture delivery from their AT&T Spartan GoCams? Ever since I bought my GoCam back in July, it has been very inconsistent delivering pictures to my iPhone and e-mail. The web portal works fine. All pictures taken from the camera go to that no problem. It's the pictures delivered to my phone and e-mail that is the problem. It's getting worse. Sometimes the pictures are not delivered until 24 hours later. The daily status report usually shows 3 or 4 signal bars and 5.7 volts on the battery. This is getting very frustrating. I'm not paying AT&T to deliver pictures 24 hours after they are taken. Discuss.
By code1
We have over a half dozen AT&T Spartans right now and we are using the portal and Iphone GO app. The only issue I've had is about once every few days I need to power my Iphone off/on and then pictures come in. That's the same for my emails so I think its carrier/Iphone related not the app. I really have noticed any late pictures coming in at all. With my old 2G cell cams I did get a few late pictures time to time.
By ilovemycam
Did you try the app? The app syncs directly to the web portal so if the photos are on the web, it will be synced to the app with no other email server or MMS server involved.

Also, when you use the app, be default, "Download only when WiFi is available" is On so if you are not on WiFi, it will not download.
By Gforce
Not having any issues at the moment, there have been some for a short time in the past but we know what those issues were. It was HCO's server upgrades and such but have had no problems on the AT&T side. My delivery is to a Verizon Phone by a private email server, also using the Mobil App with no problem. If you are using AT&T as your Cell Phone provider and you suspect that delivery is breaking down through the AT&T network chain then add an email address through the portal that is not tied to AT&T and send it to a computer and see if that solves the problem. That will tell you if the problem is AT&T or not!
Not using the app. Haven't upgraded my phone's operating system so it will accept it. Some days it will be fine and I get pictures sent in real time. Then other days or even weeks it is very slow and I don't get any pictures for several days.
By LibbyLA
This is pretty obviously a problem with your phone service, not with the GoCam. The app is designed to remove your phone company's email/messaging server from the equation. We had problems with AT&T not getting GoPhone messages out timely back when we had the Covert.

You're going to have to get AT&T's attention and get them to mend their ways (good luck with that...), start using the app, or suck it up and live with the problem.
I always knew it was an AT&T delivery problem as all the pictures show up fine at the web portal. I'm not going to contact the AT&T call center in India. I do not speak or understand Indian. I'll suck it up and live with it. Thanks all for the input.
By Gforce
I always knew it was an AT&T delivery problem as all the pictures show up fine at the web portal. I'm not going to contact the AT&T call center in India. I do not speak or understand Indian. I'll suck it up and live with it. Thanks all for the input.

I'm not having any problem with MMS delivery on a GoPhone Sim in the Coverts I have and they use the same MSC server as postpayed and prepayed service. Is it just Email delay on the Phone and does it affect all email, not just GoCam email? Also have you tried sending pictures from the portal with the mms email address?

Also if your phone isn't locking into a 2g/3g signal it will do SMS but won't download email or pictures until it locks one of those signals in. With Verizon you must have a 3g signal to even download an email or MMS. Not sure if that's the case with AT&T.
By Anthony
I found this option. I wish someone would try it. You get a dropbox account for free. Then you get a dropbox email account. You configure that email on your camera delivery options. all attachments are then saved directly to drop box and you can access it like a folder from your mobile devices.

https://sendtodropbox.com/

This way it does not go through AT&T AT ALL.
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ