Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By NantucketShedHunter
Interesting how any of their cameras manufactured 2015 and later by the Chinese can be converted to a cell cam.

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultriemobile" target="_blank
By T-post
It looks like it's going to be a really versatile system! The thing that has me excited is that Moultrie is coming out with a white flash camera for 2016 that will be compatible with their cellular modem; I hope it's a strobe flash rather than white LEDs...the picture of the camera certainly looks like a strobe flash.

I see the down side of the Moultrie system being that it's very bulky with wiring running between the camera and modem...in my part of the world theft is not an issue, but critters would destroy the connecting cable/wiring within a week.
None of this will squelch my enthusiasm because I can build some sort of armor to protect the wiring, plus I'd add external solar and power that will make it even more bulky anyway....I'm just really stoked about finally having what appears to be a white strobe flash camera...the fact that it can also be cellular is just awesome! :P
By Solo_Cam_2100
Cool stuff!
I purchased Moultrie's first modem wireless system years ago and went broke doing it :( Hopefully they perfected battery life and low data price. Then this might be a cheaper alternative for some Moultrie lovers.

I worry about a system like this in areas where you have trespassers. But I'm sure they are inventing a security box.
By NantucketShedHunter
The whole setup is way to visible on a tree. It would all be stolen in less than 2 seconds where I live.
By T-post
The whole setup is way to visible on a tree. It would all be stolen in less than 2 seconds where I live.

I'm glad I don't have that issue...or bears either.
My cameras are used on my own home acreage or in the middle of a remote 14.000 acre ranch.
It's certainly a "one size does not fit all" situation when it comes to trail camera use and deployment, thus the more options the better. :P
By code1
I owned the old Moultrie modem cell system on my I45 cam back around 5 years back. It flat out worked very well but the cell plan was like $50 for one camera. I like the idea, I like I could move the modem to a red flash,black flash,white flash and even 180 degree FOV camera whatever my needs are. The big IF is how much for the cell plan? If it's high cost compared to HCO and Covert systems I'm out.
By Solo_Cam_2100
A little more info on the new Moultrie Mobile Modem:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsfE-6uXtI" target="_blank

Modem itself is $199
Data Plans range from $9.99 to $49.99. Hopefully the plans at the high end of the price range are for multiple modems on one plan. Otherwise it'll be way out of line with everyone else's pricing.

Sounds like they might let you choose a carrier like At&t or Tmobile then choose the plan. Unless it's a similar setup as the Bushnell Wireless Trophy Cam plans...?

I can't see myself getting it at this point since I have only a couple Moultrie cams anymore. I do see improvements overall in the quality of their products.

Just think you could potentially hook the modem up to their Panoramic 180 camera. Wonder if the pics are transmitted differently??
By NantucketShedHunter
Is the modem only Verizon compatible?

It means after that time devices that are 3G only […]

Primos 01 night photo

I still have a couple of those. I liked the produ[…]

primos auto pilot

No, but looks interesting. Love the- just flip a f[…]

Energizer Lithium AA price increase

Hope this doesn't irritate you but just got a text[…]