Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
I can't say I blame you! Lol

I don't think it's as simple as a updating of settings. I requested update settings on our 3rd camera on the same day as the other two and the problem didn't crop up on it.

I'm trying to remove variables between the cams with the problem and the one w/o. On the two with the issue I'm using start/stop settings. On the cam w/o the issue a I am not using start/stop. I turned that off on the two and set the burst to 1. Don't expect that to work, but is worth trying.
By LibbyLA
I used start-stop settings on the camera with the problem when we are at the camp on weekends, but I use those same settings on two other cameras that don't have the problem. I generally change the settings on all three cameras at about the same time, as quickly as I can get the setting changes done.

Very strange.
By Gforce
OK I see what y'all are talking about now, and yes 2 of my gocams are doing the 3 shot burst. It all started on 12/31/15. The reason the other one probably isn't affected is it was turned off during that time and didn't get turned on till about a week ago. Did a Stat retrieve on one cam and it came back 3 shot burst. I haven't updated setting at all in about three weeks, long before this all started. Just a note, I don't and never did have Start/Stop setup, firmware is 2015/11/24-10. Has anyone tried to default the Cam, if not I will go to the Cam and default it and reset it and see if that solves the problem.

I was wondering why the batteries and mem. were getting eat up, just though it was the Cold weather.
By Gforce
Defaulting the Cam and manually running the settings and formating the SD card seems to have fixed the problem. Now I will try to upload settings and see what happens.
By Gforce
Well it's a problem with the portal and uploading settings for sure. After the settings upload it's back on a 3 shot burst. :mrgreen:

No need to mess with your cam any longer until HCO fixes the problem!
By Roscoe
Well it's a problem with the portal and uploading settings for sure. After the settings upload it's back on a 3 shot burst. :mrgreen:

No need to mess with your cam any longer until HCO fixes the problem!

Just curious. After resetting your camera, did you try a Retrieve camera settings first, before doing the update settings?
By Gforce
Thanks for doing all that!

The folks at HCO are aware of the problem. They are at the SHOT Show right now, so I'm not sure how quick a fix will be.

The good news is it is probably just a js. script configuration problem and they may be able to fix it from there.

Didn't try retrieving the settings before updating, will try that next if we do another default. Haven't inspected the code to see how the handlers are configured but I suspect something was updated around the first of the year and the configuration got zapped then. Seems to be the only problem so far.
Last edited by Gforce on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LibbyLA
Y'all rock! It's so neat to be a part of a group of capable troubleshooters. It's also nice that Will/HCO are committed to taking care of things like this. I never feel like comments and observations are dismissed.
By Roscoe
I wish I had one of my cams with the problem in hand. I would like to manually default all settings and then manually reset everything. Then do a couple of settings retrievals back to back to see if settings stick as programmed after camera communicates with portal. If settings remain unchanged, do a settings update without actually changing anything, followed by a retrieval to see if the cam went back into 2 or 3 burst on its own.
By Gforce
Didn't get a chance to pull the Cam today but I should get the chance to do it tomorrow. Will run those test but I figure the results will be Cam doesn't change on retrieving settings after default, but on settings update it will.

ID Value doesn't appear to be setting properly, fact is no matter what value you assign, the value stays the same when compiling the upload for the cam. Either all values are getting called the same value in the js.script or it getting borked when compiling for upload.

You can use all values under the option for Photo Burst but the results on upload are the same !

It's 3 burst for me even if I upload 1 or2.
By Gforce
Well after giving the Code on the portal a quick look seems code is functional and making the proper value call on selection for Photo Burst. The problem is in the js.script or the way the settings are compiled for upload. I don't think it has anything to do with the Cams.

An example, here is Photo Burst set on 3 in the code.

<select id="photo_burst" class="form-inline input-sm" placeholder="Select photo_burst" =""="" name="photo_burst"><option value="1">1</option><option value="2">2</option><option value="3" selected="selected">3</option></select>

An example, here is Photo Burst set on 1 in the code

<select id="photo_burst" class="form-inline input-sm" placeholder="Select photo_burst" =""="" name="photo_burst"><option value="1" selected="selected">1</option><option value="2">2</option><option value="3">3</option></select>

Seems the value is changing on the portal.

It means after that time devices that are 3G only […]

Primos 01 night photo

I still have a couple of those. I liked the produ[…]

primos auto pilot

No, but looks interesting. Love the- just flip a f[…]

Energizer Lithium AA price increase

Hope this doesn't irritate you but just got a text[…]