Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Rmart30
Just ordered a AT&T spartan ... Any tips for setting it up when I get it ? I have a spotlighting poacher Im trying to catch and am needing this for instant text notifications for night time only for property security and I currently have a iphone4.

Any tips or suggestions for this new camera? This will be my first cell cam.
You've come to the right place. Lots of knowledgable folks here ready to help. I would start by going to HCO's website and reading their tutorials for setting up the GoCam.
You should get a free month of premium credit with your camera. Use it so you can experience the web portal and the app. No text messaging involved. The app and web portal are my favorite features of these cameras.

The camera sends the last photo of the series it takes so most of us set the camera to 1 photo.

I set our cams to 1 photo, 5 MP, 0 seconds between pictures.
Set the time zone on the camera.

Once you're set up on premium, you can tinker with any settings using the app or the web portal (and browser).

Unless you need to control the camera real-time, you will save battery by leaving real time control off.

You will get a status report every day. If you are using the app, you will probably want to set the camera to send you photos at least a couple of times a day, unless it's in a high traffic area. We get photos at 9 AM and 9 PM (so a daylight and a dark no matter what time of year). That reassures us that the camera is still there and that it's working. For some of our cameras, that may be the only activity for a couple of weeks.

There's probably more, but this is what comes to mind right now :).
Camera showed yesterday. went thru the simple procedure to set it up to the gowirelessauto .. Did the test picture and it came thru to email.

So, to get it to where it will send the pictures in instant text to my phone I will have to go to the premium service correct?
or get the app on my iphone?
https://spartancamera.com/troubleshooting

Look at the sections on Auto and Lite. You will need to enter your phone number as an email address (e.g., 5555551212@vzwpix.com) or set up email (like gmail) on your phone and have the messages go to gmail.

However, I suggest that you try premium. You get a free month of premium with your camera. That gives you access to the web portal and the app. The instructions for setting that up are on that same page.

I have used the email method and the app and I have a strong preference for the app (premium service).
The very inexpensive Premium service does not use Text Messaging or Email to deliver the photos. They are uploaded directly to your secure account on the server and optionally to the free mobile app. On the mobile app, photos are stored by camera and browsing from photo to photo is a swipe of the finger. This style of viewing is much easier than email. Text messaging also limits you to small image sizes. Premium allows Full HD 720p uploads from the camera to the server.

A notification is sent to the mobile device when a photo is taken and the photos can auto download in the background.

Like they said, one month is free. You should try it.
By Rmart30
Well I figured out how to get the pics texted instantly. Smart phones have their own "email address" ... if you text a picture from your phone to your email account you will see the address ... Such as with mine its (phone#)@VZWpics.com.
and I entered that into the setup on the camera. Works like a charm since I need instant notification since this is for security. So far im pleased and set up was a breeze.

Thanks Libby. I figured it out not long after I posted.... Would be good to have that tip in the camera set up paper.
I suggest you try GoWireless Premium. The app lets you do a lot more than just have the pics sent to your phone.

And I believe it will be more reliable and quicker than the text/email setup.
By T-post
I suggest you try GoWireless Premium. The app lets you do a lot more than just have the pics sent to your phone.

And I believe it will be more reliable and quicker than the text/email setup.

Since Rmart30 is wanting to use his camera for security alerts via an iPhone; I think he's made the right choice to receive "text" pictures because the GoCam iPhone app does not have an option for an audible alert. I believe the Android GoCam app does provide an audible alert. I use an iPhone and am keeping my fingers crossed that someday the IOS GoCam app will allow a notification tone. Probably the best decision for now is to use both the app (for all it's wonderful features) plus "text" delivery too (to receive a sound alert).
By Gforce
Why not use both, Email notification, and mobile app?

All you have to do is setup the Email delivery in the portal and both Email notification and mobile app will work on the phone at the same time!
By T-post
Correct...we both agree:
" Probably the best decision for now is to use both the app (for all it's wonderful features) plus "text" delivery too (to receive a sound alert). "
Correct...we both agree:
" Probably the best decision for now is to use both the app (for all it's wonderful features) plus "text" delivery too (to receive a sound alert). "

Yeppers, best of both worlds :!: :!: :!:

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]