Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By LibbyLA
It looks like we're going to get a nice test of one of our AT&T Spartan GoCams and a 12 Ah external battery. On 2/3/2016 at 13:09:50, I got photo 217, which showed a vine in front of the camera.

As of 16:33:56 today, 2/6, we are on photo 1281. In 3 days, 3 hours, and 24 minutes, the camera has sent 1065 photos.

Very few of those pics are at night.

We deployed that camera on 1/1/2016 with 12 2750 mAh PowerDriver rechargeables internally and the 12 Ah external battery.

Power showed P5 on the 9 PM photo yesterday and is showing P5 on the info strip.

I keep hoping that the wind that knocked that vine into the camera's field of view will knock it out. If not, we're going to have to live with it until a week from today unless I get so fed up that I make the hour plus detour to go to the camp Tuesday after I've met with some people in Jackson.

Needless to say, I have had to turn off notification sounds on the app.
By NantucketShedHunter
You need a live in camera caretaker at your camps.
By LibbyLA
Are you volunteering :)?

Nah, sometimes it's good to be forced to just let things happen. When we had a runaway awhile back, we learned that these cameras run a very, very long time (several hundred pictures, at least) with the batteries showing 5.1 volts and that they will take and send several hundred pictures just fine with the trigger interval set to 0.

Plus sometimes it gives me an excuse to run the data I can collect through some programs I've written to analyze the data, although I probably won't have anything to analyze with this one.

I have not counted how many cameras we have out right now. I have to update my database and the Verizon camera that came in today will be going out next Saturday. We're inching very close to 40 cameras out on 20 acres. It's a camera farm! I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that they don't breed.

Since we have put the external batteries on the cell cameras, we seldom touch those. We also have four or five cameras "watching" other cameras and we don't check them but every month or two, so we're probably actually tending to about the same number of cameras we were using before we got some many cell cameras and some of our other cameras were stolen.
By bobcat
Doesn't stuff like that just bug you!
By LibbyLA
Yep. I'm torn between shutting the camera down or just letting it run. All those pics are "noise" so I have missed seeing some good pics from the other cameras until much later. OTOH, nothing has been a critical pic that needed to be seen immediately. I'm tempted to just let it run as a good test of what kind of battery life we can expect.

We have a lot of these big, thick, nasty, annoying, obnoxious vines. I call 'em all devil weed and do my best to get rid of what I can reach. I don't know whether this is a remnant that was out of the way until the storm hit or what. It may have annoyed me enough by Tuesday that I will take the time to go deal with it even if I'm not in the mood. I don't really want to drive my car back there but I may do it anyway.
By LibbyLA
By the time we got to the camp, the vine in the wind had fixed itself.

The last photo taken (at 9 AM today) was 1742. The camera is still showing 5.7 V and P5 on the night info strip. It's looking like we will likely get several months out of the 12 Ah external batteries since most of the cameras are probably taking 300 photos a month (or a lot less, in several cases).

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]