Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By NantucketShedHunter
Did I read someplace where the Spartan SR1 is portal comparable now? I'm looking to replace my Acorn when AT&T stops their 2G service at the end of this year.
By ilovemycam
Yes, but that model is discontinued and all gocam now. If you have one of those SR1-WCDi/SR1-WCDb cameras, you have to contact spartan camera to have you hooked up.
By LibbyLA
If you're buying a new cam, get a GoCam...

(and upgrade your phone so you can use the app <g,d,r>)
By NantucketShedHunter
Okay. Thanks. I was hoping to find an SR1 and pop the SIM card from my Little Acorn into it and have it work.
By ilovemycam
You don't need to. The gocam comes with the SIM. On your old cell cam, you may use the MMS and you can't use that SIM card to sign up the AT&T buyasession plans. Because those card has been burnt.

Okay. Thanks. I was hoping to find an SR1 and pop the SIM card from my Little Acorn into it and have it work.
By NantucketShedHunter
But can't I just use the plan the Little Acorn is using now and the SIM card it's using now? Or are you saying my old SIM card will not work in the SR1?
By ilovemycam
It will work on SR1. But the GoCam doesn't have the MMS option.
By NantucketShedHunter
Because I do not think the SR1 comes with one.
By LibbyLA
If a SIM card is so darned important, I'll send you one or two! I have bunches of them, bought them cheap on ebay back when we were dealing with GoPhone and kept having them fail.

A SIM card should be the least of your worries. Just get a GoCam. The data plan is less expensive than all but the 200 message plan.
By NantucketShedHunter
I was hoping to keep my old plan that the Little Acorn SIM card is using and not have too set anything up. Just put the Acorn SIM card in the SR1 and go. I guess I'm not understanding any of this. Thanks for everyone's help though.
By LibbyLA
What plan are you using with your Acorn? Do you have to renew it every month?

Your SIM is activated to a text-message plan. Those plans are going the way of the dodo, so at some point, your plan is going to die, "magic" SIM card or not. The SIM card can't be switched over to a new plan (e.g., the data plan).

The SIM card is a tiny piece of the puzzle. It is free or inexpensive, depending on how you get it. There's generally not anything magic about any particular SIM card.
By johnnydeerhunter
I think you can use your sim card but that won't allow you to use the portal or any of the easy to use buy a session stuff. Call HCO and ask for Charlene (I think that's her name) and she will tell you what you need to do with the SR1 to get it portal compatible.

Also see :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=41811&hilit=acorn
By NantucketShedHunter
I read someplace that HCO added the use of the SR1 to the portal.
No, I don't have an SR1.
My Little Acorn is on my AT&T iPhone plan as an added line. I don't have to renew it every month online. It's all paper billing.

PTerm - I’m testing four LiFePo4 in paralle[…]

A friend of mine asked me to look at this. Has any[…]

This feature is now LIVE. Please reply if you hav[…]

BTC-4P review

Yes, still set for 1 min videos. I've started usin[…]