Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
I'm wondering what quality the videos will be/how large the file sizes are? I'm not a fan of videos in general, but if they've got it to where it will send decent videos and the file sizes not be huge, I can see where some folks who are into videos would really be interested in it.
By T-post
No Pat. Sounds like 2-3 weeks away, first half of April.

Thanks, I don't have any operational Code Blacks, but my buddies rely on me to keep them informed on important trail camera news..... :shock:
By rebbie
App up and working on my iPhone 6s! I have the new 2016 Code Black.
By rebbie
Cool! How do you like it? Post some screenshots when you get time.

So far it seems pretty cool. I have to see how I like the idea of having the app notify me that I have a new photo to view. No longer does the photo get texted straight to your phone. You get a notification via the app that there is a new photo available. You click on the notification or just open the app and got to the photo. I will post some screen shots when I try to remember again how you post photos on this forum?
By rebbie
Ok going to try and post some screen shots from the App. Image
By rebbie
ImageImageImageImage
By LibbyLA
The buttons and toggles are interesting. I'm accustomed to the drop-downs of the GoWireless app. Not sure I'd have a preference. I can see pros and cons to both methods. Thanks for posting the screen shots.
By rebbie
The buttons and toggles are interesting. I'm accustomed to the drop-downs of the GoWireless app. Not sure I'd have a preference. I can see pros and cons to both methods. Thanks for posting the screen shots.

You welcome. I think some of these settings might not work with the Code Black but might work with their Higher End Model the WINDTALKER. You see that it says you can adjust the Send Size? I don't think you can adjust the send size on the Code Black. I tried setting it to MED-RES from the app but it always goes back to VGA. That might also be for the video size because I know the Windtalker will be sending Videos.
By Roscoe
That looks plenty good/functional to me. I think you're going to really enjoy having it.

The send resolutions should work with the code blacks. I don't think it has anything to do with the windtalker and video. On the goapp, you have a send choices of normal & large which are 640x480 and 1280x960, with a high res request giving the ability to get the full size image off the SD card. I suspect those settings are similar to that.

I use the large 1280x960 setting on all my cameras because I just don't like the lower resolution setting. I'll request the occasional hi res image, but most of the time the 1280x960 is plenty adequate.

I'm excited for you guys. These "app" controlled cameras are so much more fun to have that the old sms style cell cams.
By rebbie
Roscoe I am excited also if it will work as advertised. Camera stopped transmitting the photos so something is not working right. I am sure they still have bugs to work out. Roscoe I have the 1000 text message plan I think 50mb? If I was able to increase the size of the photo sent that would mean less than 1000 photo? Just trying to understand how that would work?
By Roscoe
50mb of data will do 1000 pics only with low res. Moving up in resolution is a lot more data usage. You may just have to test with a few pics and see how big the file sizes are and do the math from there. If this works the same as the GoCam does, you don't get charged for sending to multiple recipients as it only uploads to server once.
By mattpatt
Here's a rough unedited review of the app..

http://youtu.be/VD3aBQQqgD8

I did the $10/month plan. The SIM card you receive with the cam is a unbranded sim. It is completely white and doesn't anything printed on it. $10 is all I had to pay to get everything working there are no other fees you have to pay.

As you can see from the video they still have a lot of things to work on but there's just enough there to make it useable right now.

Some of my wishes include...

1. Being able to rename "My Device Name" to something more useful.

2. Info screen for archived pics match info on the bar at the bottom of the pic.

3. Ability to change notifiction sound

4. As of now there is no way that I can find to add another person so they can view your pics as well.

5. Have pics show up on a online password protected website for easy sharing

I'm sure there's more but that's it for now. They have a long way to go it sounds like before it will even come close to HCOs product but like I said there is just enough functionality there to make it somewhat usable right now with the hopes of improvements to come.

Matt

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.