Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
Yep, start and stop makes sense. I use it all the time for much longer delays at night and very short delays during the day. At first I thought I just wanted straight day/night programmable times, but I like being able to set the two time Windows specifically myself.

Roscoe while the Covert app does have 2 timers where you can set a start and stop time, you can't adjust the trigger interval for them such as you do with your Spartan Camera. I know you have your trigger settings different for the day time and the night time so that the trigger interval is much longer at night and much shorter during the day.

Yeah, after 81 raccoon pics one night I set it for 10 mins from 8:45pm to 6:45am and 1 minute from 6:45am to 8:45pm. Now I only get 20 raccoon pics a night. :lol:

What does it actually do then in the covert app?Allow you to set times where the camera sensor is on/off?
I have 4 of Johnny's cameras sending pictures to my app. That may be an unusual circumstance, I don't know. What I do know is I don't want johnny's 4 cameras sending me emails. That would suck immensely! :lol: :shocked: :lol:
[/quote]

I feel just the opposite, I like the pop-up notification for the app to notify me of just my cameras. When I got my first GoCam I created a gmail account just for the pictures and camera related stuff. Roscoe's three cams send to the gmail address and I created a filter so they all go into The "Social" folder. Then when I get a chance I go through and look at 51 hog pics and 89 daily pics of raccoon, usually one hanging upside down from the protein feeder. I like to get mine in the email account as well as the app because I can save some of my better pics to a specific folder and keep an eye on certain bucks. I also find it easier to open and zoom on a pic on the larger computer screens this way. By creating a separate gmail account for the pics it doesn't clutter up my regular email.
I had set up the email and got used to doing it that way before the portal was active. I also like being able to put things in different folders, (ex.) bucks, bear, bobcats, cool pics.....

With the ease of using gmail on my android phone it also made it easier to share pics with friends and upload pictures to photobucket, with the update coming to the app and being able to send pics right from the app itself that part of the gmail benefit will in the past.
By hcalix
I agree, I had an email server setup for distribution to about 10 different club members based on different metrics including time of day, camera name, etc. For people who share these pictures with more than one person, this new app is a nightmare. They took the one simple feature of emailing and completely eliminated it. I would gladly give up the app for an emailing feature. I wonder sometimes if they actually think before they go to market. They should have waited another year before releasing this. The 2015s were perfect besides the design of the case and water leaks. I hate to say it because I really like the company, but this is a deal breaker. I might have to take a look at HCO now.
The GoWireless app has been out for a year or so (found emails from early February of last year when the beta testing began), which means that Covert couldn't afford to wait another year...
Everyone who wants an e-mail option in the Covert portal needs to e-mail them and let them know. I have. If they get enough e-mails maybe they'll make it a priority.
By Roscoe
Everyone who wants an e-mail option in the Covert portal needs to e-mail them and let them know. I have. If they get enough e-mails maybe they'll make it a priority.

Having a guest password for the app would eliminate some of the need for email I would think wouldn't it?

One thing they've got to get is the ability to zoom in on pics in the app w/o having to save to device. That would drive me nutz!
By rebbie
Having a guest password for the app would eliminate some of the need for email I would think wouldn't it?

One thing they've got to get is the ability to zoom in on pics in the app w/o having to save to device. That would drive me nutz!

I agree with all of that Roscoe!
By rebbie
I asked Brittany@dlccovert about the guest password and zooming in on pics and she said they are working on it.

And said "A sms instead of tcp server. Which will be more reliable. And the battery life will be better."

That true? ^

Thanks for the info Jake! Has your camera been working well?
By Jake
Figure I ask you guys Roscoe haha.

My cam is working as it should sending away pics. I took it by a friends house today to show him and it worked fine. His wife wasn't too impressed with us kids and our toys though.

Finishing up my lock box contraption at work and will get it out in a few different spots here soon.
Now that a couple months have passed, can anyone say if the server and app have shown improved performance? I have a couple of 2015 cameras that I'd like to upgrade the firmware on but I've been hesitant because of all the issues that occurred back in April. Hoping for some better feedback now. Thanks!
Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]

Yep, he's all business. I really like the microph[…]

Very Nice!