Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Just a FYI.. the new firmware is available if you send them a e-mail and ask for it. Its not on their website. This is only for the 2015 Code Blacks and will require a new SIM to be requested though Covert. Send them a e-mail telling them you want to upgrade your 2015 to be compatible with the app and they should send you a new SIM free of charge. Please note that you won't be able to use your current DataConnect plan so you may want to go ahead and use that up before upgrading as you can't roll it over. I received my SIMs yesterday and will most likely be upgrading one other camera this weekend. I'll probably keep the other on the DataConnect plan until it runs out then switch over at that time. Maybe by them they'll have made improvements to the app.

Matt
That's interesting, Matt. On one hand, you have one monthly bill for both camera data and the app/portal, which is handy. OTOH, you are locked into their ecosystem. If you want to go back to the data plan and email, you swap out SIMs.
Yep once you flash your camera with the new firmware you have to use the app and the SIM that you used on your DataConnect plan is useless. Not sure about flashing with a older firmware so you could go back if you didn't like it. That's why I said in my original post to not flash your camera until you have the new SIM card that is provided by Covert.
One of my codeblacks data plan should be running out soon. Think I will give the new app a shot. Both of my codeblacks have been pumping near 100 percent of there photos,but would like the ability to request high Rez photos and also sort photos rather than have 1000s of mms pics on my phone. Definitely gonna follow these covert threads in the coming months.
One of my codeblacks data plan should be running out soon. Think I will give the new app a shot. Both of my codeblacks have been pumping near 100 percent of there photos,but would like the ability to request high Rez photos and also sort photos rather than have 1000s of mms pics on my phone. Definitely gonna follow these covert threads in the coming months.

Just a tip on the hi res pics. If "hi res" means transmitting the picture off the SD card, use one of the lower resolution settings on the camera. We've all talked a lot over the years about how little difference we "see" in 3, 5, 8, & 12mp pics. But there is a huge file size difference in say a 3 or 5 mp picture and a 12mp picture. If you were to go with 50mb/$9.99/month plan you might gobble up that data allowance very quickly transmitting hi res pics.

If your doing it strictly to try out the send size don't do it yet. That feature doesn't seem to work as you can set it in the app but once you exit the settings screen it defaults back to VGA.

Matt
Main reason for trying the app is that hopefully my pics from my cell cams will be organized better than they are now through text message. Right now, I have 2 cams sending pics that go to one folder in my text message app. Would rather be able to setup as separate folders for each cam. Also I'm hoping that I can shut the pir off on days that my one cam start to false trigger
Okay good deal. You can turn the PIR off by setting the sensitivity to off. I have tested this feature and can verify that it did work on my camera.

Matt
I would not turn it off. I would just change the delay to an hour or two. A "falsie" every few minutes is a problem. One every hour or two is not.

Or better than that, use duty time and set it for a long delay during that time period each day. My cam on the water trough last year would false trigger a fair amount every day for several hours on hot summer afternoons. I finally just used duty times to set a long delay during that couple hours and a normal delay the rest of the time.
I upgraded one of my 2015s tonight and it seems to be working fine. However that is subject to change at a moments notice with this new system. LOL

MATT
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ