Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Well I received my new Spartan Verizon Camera in the mail yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! I finally have a Wireless camera that is working like it's supposed to! I tried activating it online under my existing Verizon account and it went smoothly until at the end it wanted to charge me a one time $20 activation fee. I called Verizon on the phone and they quickly took care of the problem and waved the $20 activation fee! The Go Wireless Premium was fast and easy to set up and I had my camera working in no time! ilovemycam's instructions that he posted on the forum worked perfectly! I had some help from JohnnyDeerHunter and LibbyLA fine-tuning everything and getting and understanding as to how everything worked. I can not thank you guys enough for all your help and feedback! I have been testing the camera and I am getting photo transmitted to me in about 30 to 40 seconds from the time I jump in from of the camera! So far everytime I have walked in front of the camera it takes a photo and sends it. Amazing! I just hope the camera can give me many years of use. I sill have a lot to learn in fine-tuning all the settings that you can do. Great to have peace of mind with a wireless camera now.
Great! Glad it's working for you. If I get to keep hunting the property that was sold I will probably get a att GoCam.
Glad to hear it! I was wondering how you and the camera were doing.

Camera working fine! I just got a Cuddeback camera back in the mail today that I had returned to have the Black Flash E3 Model Converter to an E2 IR model because the nighttime photos had so much motion blur that the camera was useless to run at night. So I walked back behind my house to hang the camera to test. I walked past the Spartan and wouldn't you know it took a photo of me and sent it! On my way back to my house it took another photo of me and sent it! This is the way wireless cameras are supposed to work! I don;t want to get to excited yet but things are looking good so far! It will be amazing this year to have a camera 1200 miles aways out in Iowa sending me photos of monster bucks back to me here in NY! LibbyLA if you want I will give you guest access to the camera so you can see what big Bucks look like! :lol:
Where's the sticking tongue out and blowing a raspberry emoticon when I need it :mrgreen:. I told you there are some big 'uns in the delta country just two counties over, but we're in the poor sandy piney woods. I've seen pics of nice bucks killed in this area, including some within a hundred yards or so of our property, and we have pics of some decent ones, but nothing like the one in your avatar. This midwestern deer are big for a reason!

I think if dog-deer hunting were not allowed around us, we'd see bucks during the day but the dogs turn them nocturnal. T doesn't bow hunt (and won't) so hunting before the dogs start running isn't an option.

I have gotten accustomed to our cameras taking and sending pictures of us when we are out and about on the place so I no longer check every time I hear the app notify me but it was a marvel at first after dealing with problems off and on for a couple of years.

It definitely is cool to be able to see what's going on several hundred miles away. You can even do it halfway across the world as long as there is cell signal where the camera is and where you are. That's pretty darned amazing!
Where's the sticking tongue out and blowing a raspberry emoticon when I need it :mrgreen:. I told you there are some big 'uns in the delta country just two counties over, but we're in the poor sandy piney woods. I've seen pics of nice bucks killed in this area, including some within a hundred yards or so of our property, and we have pics of some decent ones, but nothing like the one in your avatar. This midwestern deer are big for a reason!

I think if dog-deer hunting were not allowed around us, we'd see bucks during the day but the dogs turn them nocturnal. T doesn't bow hunt (and won't) so hunting before the dogs start running isn't an option.

I have gotten accustomed to our cameras taking and sending pictures of us when we are out and about on the place so I no longer check every time I hear the app notify me but it was a marvel at first after dealing with problems off and on for a couple of years.

It definitely is cool to be able to see what's going on several hundred miles away. You can even do it halfway across the world as long as there is cell signal where the camera is and where you are. That's pretty darned amazing!

Yes I am sure there are some nice bucks in your area. I am just playing with you. :D :lol:
At this point, we are happy to see ANY bucks at all, including spikes with goofy antlers. Can't afford to be picky. Gotta have little ones to grow into big ones.

We plan to start hinge cutting some of our trash trees and dropping some others as edge protection, hoping to develop some potential bedding spots. Right now, the planted pines don't offer a lot of protected areas so the deer come in for the food plots and feeders but they don't stay. We are finally getting to a point where we have time to think about doing it. I will have to learn how to use my chain saw.

The does have worn paths from one feeder to the next. I think they like progressive dinners.
Camera is still woking Flawlessly! I know it sounds stupid but this camera actually takes a photo of me every time I walk in front of it and sends it! It's not in a high traffic areas yet but I will get an occasional deer to pass by it. Mostly photos of me walking by it all hours of the day! :lol:
Still working great! This 1280 x960 thumbnail is from my backyard this morning.

Thanks Johnny. My house sits on 5 acres. Just wish I had some decent bucks running around in my area. The quality of bucks have gone downhill. Not like it was when I first moved here.
I finally got my Lock Box today for my Spartan Camera so I felt a little more comfortable deploying it in the woods on one of my Club's properties that we lease. We have never had issues there with anyone stealing anything but still I did not want to take a chance with my new wireless camera until I got the lock box. I am about 6 minutes down the road from where the camera is so if anyone decided to mess with it, I could be there pretty fast. I hope to have some Turkey photos to share soon! Deer where already moving by the camera tonight. I have it set for the large thumbnail size of 1280x960 and it looks like while the deer were moving in front of the camera I would get a photo just about every minute. (Delay is set to 0 seconds.) I am very happy with that speed! Lockbox is by Custom1Enterprise, I also used some treebark camo that he sells to camouflage the box a little.

Nice! I think you said you were going to run the camera during the day since you are interested in turkeys and not let it send at night, but I have a feeling that you are not going to be able to stand not knowing what's going on there at night :mrgreen:.

A minute or so between pics seems pretty darned reasonable to me.

Those Custom1 Enterprises boxes are built like Sherman tanks! We have so many cameras and boxes that I just use camo spray paint on ours. Hit 'em with a spotty coat of black first, then olive green, then brown, then another mist of black. Just need to get them darker and not a solid color.
Yea I know I said I would only run it during the day. Lol. I have been getting so many pics tonight that it's unbelievable! I might have to shut it down during the night. I have gotten 36 pics so far tonight since I set it up at 7pm. Deer are feeding in the field tonight non stop! Have to figure out how to do this?

New member from Scotland and though I start with a[…]

1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]