Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Roscoe
Got a lot of iffy weather going on in Texas over the next couple days. I don't expect a lot of critter activity but would like to be able to see what's going on, so I turned on Real Time this morning.

I was impressed. It took 70 secs from the time I sent the request to the time it hit my GoApp. This is with the larger 1280x960 pics.

First wave of rain has passed. Looking wet!
By johnnydeerhunter
You're going to make me put a phone number in and try real time of you keep this up.
By LibbyLA
You should put the phone number in whether you plan to use real time or not. You never know when you may want to use real time.
By johnnydeerhunter
You should put the phone number in whether you plan to use real time or not. You never know when you may want to use real time.

I was always concerned about someone texting or calling that number by mistake and screwing things up.
By rebbie

I was always concerned about someone texting or calling that number by mistake and screwing things up.

Yes I was wondering that to? Does anyone know if that could screw the camera up if that happened?

Liz made me put the number in on my settings. :D
By LibbyLA
JDH and Rebbie,

Um, your cameras have phone numbers from the moment you activate the SIM card (AT&T) or camera (VZW). Anybody can text or call that number whether you input the number into the portal/app or not. (There's a blonde joke in here somewhere...)

Unless you are sending a valid SMS command to the camera (which a phone call or random text would not be), the camera should not be affected. It may text back (to whatever phone texted it in the first place) something about an invalid command.

There is nothing magically preventive if you don't input the phone number on the portal. It just means that somewhere along the line, you may decide you want to use realtime and you won't be able to and you won't have any idea why. Better to set it up from the beginning so you can use real time, whether you ever do or not, just in case.
By johnnydeerhunter
Didn't give much thought to it that the number was already in the camera. I feel better now I guess that it's been there all along and I haven't had any issues.
By johnnydeerhunter
I put the number in my $5 a month Verizon camera and turned on realtime. I'm getting the larger pics in 67 seconds from the time I request the picture and the smaller 640 pics in 35 seconds. That's pretty amazing.
By rebbie
I put the number in my $5 a month Verizon camera and turned on realtime. I'm getting the larger pics in 67 seconds from the time I request the picture and the smaller 640 pics in 35 seconds. That's pretty amazing.

Yea that's fast Johnny! I have gotten them as fast as 25 seconds. Usually averages about 35 seconds like you say. I have not tried the larger pics yet. I am happy with the 640x480 for now. If I get a good photo I can just request a High Res photo, but I understand that with the larger pics you might not need to request a High res photo to often. I will be looking to get as much use on a fresh set of Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries so I want to keep the 640x480 setting. Camera out in my backyard just testing it for now. Maybe I request a change to a larger photo to see how it looks. Just love that you can change settings on this camera with a few easy clicks!! :D
By johnnydeerhunter
There's a huge difference in the quality of the 640 and 1280 pics. The 1280 are so good I almost never request a full resolution picture.
By rebbie
There's a huge difference in the quality of the 640 and 1280 pics. The 1280 are so good I almost never request a full resolution picture.

I just put a request in to change it to 1280. I want to see how much better the photos look. It's just that a higher thumbnail size photo will use more battery power I assume?
By ilovemycam
It will be better for sure. You are right, it will consume more power. But what does 1280 really bring to the table? You can always request 2560*1920 if needed.
By rebbie
It will be better for sure. You are right, it will consume more power. But what does 1280 really bring to the table? You can always request 2560*1920 if needed.

Yea that is what I was thinking. If I really get a good photo that I really need to see in better detail, I will just request a High Res Photo. My camera is going to be deployed 1100 miles away this summer. I need to get the most out of my batteries. Granted if my Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries die, I can just have my friend change the batteries the next time he visits his farm.
Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]

Night Bats

Good stuff, not often do we see bat photos or vide[…]

Mr. and Mrs. Fox (the Foxes)

https://vimeo.com/367997085

ok, then its aim and distance.