Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By teddybaham
looks like this is the most versatile of the cell cams on the market to date. would most of you agree? im pretty sure i have both att and verizon coverage on my place, which company has the friendliest plans?
By LibbyLA
If you have Verizon cell phone service, you can add a Verizon camera to your plan for $5/month. AT&T is $25/90 days/1 G data (thousands of photos).

If you pay retail price for the camera, it will take you 24 months to break even on VZW. Less than that, AT&T costs less. More than that VZW costs less.

From a management standpoint, VZW is easier if you have VZW service and can just add it to your plan because you get one bill per month. We have a bunch of AT&T cameras and we just pay 1/3 of them each month whether anything is due to expire that month or not because we have a bunch in one month.

You won't go wrong with either carrier.
By rebbie
looks like this is the most versatile of the cell cams on the market to date. would most of you agree? im pretty sure i have both att and verizon coverage on my place, which company has the friendliest plans?

LibbyLA summed it up pretty well. If you use Verizon as your carrier then I would go with Verizon. From my experience in traveling in recent years to hunt different places I have fond that Verizon Coverage is just way better than AT&T. While I was out in Iowa last year hunting with a bunch of friends, the guys with AT&T service had to wait until they were almost back at the hotel before all our group text messages would come in. They were out of the loop all day as to what was going on!
By teddybaham
Sounds about right. But I have AT&T and get lte on my place. But if I ever move places I can only hope it works :shocked:
By wewilley
i have Verizon because there is no AT&T were i hunt one is $5.00 if you have a Verizon account and the other is $8.00 a mo.not that much of a difference so go with what works best were you hunt
By rebbie
Sounds about right. But I have AT&T and get lte on my place. But if I ever move places I can only hope it works :shocked:

Then I would stick with AT&T. Verizon package can be more I believe.
By ilovemycam
If you don't have existing data plan from Verizon, it will start from $15.00 and you activate the line from spartan directly. The part number is GC-VZWb (Blackout) or GC-VZWi (IR).
By LibbyLA
Since you know you have AT&T service where you hunt, go with AT&T. The camera costs less up front and the monthly charge is less since you don't have a Verizon phone plan and can't add a camera for $5/month.

New member from Scotland and thought I start with […]

1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]