Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
I am working through how to best use the 9 GoCams that I have out and am interested in how other users are setting up their GoCams.

Third question: Is anyone using a "Photo Burst" setting other than "1"? What have your results been like? On the camera itself, the "Burst Interval" can be set to "Short" (the default) or "Long" -- has anyone experimented with that? As far as I can tell, the Burst Interval can only be set in the camera itself.

Thanks, Bob
Bob,

Since the GoCam only sends the last picture if it takes more than one, I think most of us just set the number of pics to 1.

I have used a setting of 3 and long on a feeder camera. Just FYI, with the long interval, there are 2-3 seconds between the first and second photos and 4-6 seconds between the second and third photos.
I've never used burst. I think the sending the last picture in a burst sequence is poor programming. Don't know if that will get changed or not at some point. I won't use it regardless. One of my goals in using the cell cams is to not need to manually download pictures. Only time I want to mess wth camera is if it needs battery maintenance.
If the camera would send the first of three pics in a burst, I'd set our cameras for that, but I wouldn't bother with anything on the SD card unless we had an incident of some sort. If someone broke into the camper, three photos per trigger might be more useful in identifying the culprit than one. I wouldn't look at the card often, if at all, though.

I agree with you about not dealing with the cameras unless a battery change is in order.
I can also see why someone using a camera for scouting might consider burst mode IF the first picture were sent. They might want real-time notification but at some point also want to see additional photos.

For those of us who would be happy if we never had any reason to touch the camera, there's no point in using burst mode. I am loving having the cameras set up with external batteries so they don't even figure in to our routine camera runs.
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]