Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By R4P
Are all four models (two red IR, two blackflash) capable of the $5 plan?

Not sure what the difference is, but HCO lists four Verizon models on their site now.
By R4P
I also have two ATT models on the way, so looking forward to using them. Was thinking about picking up a VZW model, though, too.
By johnnydeerhunter
Two of them specifically say they are for the $5 a month plan, the other two are listed as M2M setups.
By rebbie
Are all four models (two red IR, two blackflash) capable of the $5 plan?

Not sure what the difference is, but HCO lists four Verizon models on their site now.

I am pretty sure all the Verizon models are capable of the $5.00 plan. I recently order the model from the HCO website that specifically said connect by Verizon and in the fine print is read "can be added to the existing Verizon data plan for $5.00/month as Connected Device" so I ordered that model which was (GC-VCTb) When my camera arrived the model # on the camera read (GC-VZWb). I contacted Verizon and there was no problem setting up the device for $5.00 a month. So I assume any Verizon Camera can be added to the $5.00 plan. I am not sure what the difference is between the GC-VCTb and the GC-VZWb?
By rebbie
from HCO web site
Part number GC-VCTi (IR) and GC-VCTb (Blackout)

Yes I ordered the GC-VCTb figuring that's the one for $5.00 plan but instead I got the GC-VZWb and I was still able to activate it for the 5.00 plan. Like I said earlier, I am not sure what's the difference between the 2 black out cameras with different model numbers?
By ilovemycam
If you already bought the GC-VZWi or GC-VZWb, it MAY be only eligible for custom M2M plan. It depends on when the cameras left HCO. Just give HCO a call if you want to add it to your existing data plan and they should be able to make it happen for you.
By rebbie
If you already bought the GC-VZWi or GC-VZWb, it MAY be only eligible for custom M2M plan. It depends on when the cameras left HCO. Just give HCO a call if you want to add it to your existing data plan and they should be able to make it happen for you.

I had no problem adding my GC-VZWb to the Verizon $5.00 plan. Mine left HCO on 04/09/2016.

New member from Scotland and thought I start with […]

1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]