Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By llbts12
Got a Go Cam today. It is suppose to be a show room model. It comes with full warranty (confirmed with HCO customer service). The camera was suppose to have everything, but of course it didn't. Missing is the sim card. My question is, can I take the sim card out of my Covert 2015 that I just upgraded to their new system and firmware and place it into the Spartan? I would then change my IMEI# on the account for ATT and add it to the GoPhone app. Would that work, or do I have to use their sim card?
Thank you for any help, Larry
By Roscoe
I don't think so. That new Covert SIM card does not say ATT on it does it?

Also, it's been awhile since I got a GoCam, but I don't think the Sim Card was in the card slot when we got ours. Seems like it was in a little business card size holder. You may have already gone through everything I the box, but if you haven't check thoroughly. :D
By ilovemycam
I will give it a shot and report back. Just didn't want to mess anything up. Thank you

If your SIM has AT&T buyasession data, it should work. Put the SD card, batteries and SIM card in the Spartan, turn it to Setup, go to Menu > Wireless, change Send Mode to Instant (max 0). Change Send Via to GoWireless Prem. Make sure the camera finds the signal. Then go to Diagnostic to do a hello test, if it's successful, you should be good to go.
By llbts12
Everything seems to be working except I am not getting any pictures. I can hear the shutter on the camera, but it doesn't seem to be sending the pictures. I did the Hello test, and the Premium test, and they were both successful. Do you think our friends at ATT have to do an update?
Thanks again for the help folks.
By ilovemycam
Everything seems to be working except I am not getting any pictures. I can hear the shutter on the camera, but it doesn't seem to be sending the pictures. I did the Hello test, and the Premium test, and they were both successful. Do you think our friends at ATT have to do an update?
Thanks again for the help folks.

Is your send via on gowireless prem? If so, did you set the camera up on http://www.spartancamera.com" target="_blank" target="_blank?
Check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTOrV3eLrnM" target="_blank" target="_blank
By Roscoe
Do you have the Go Wireless App to receive pics?

Do this, with the camera turned on to setup and signal bars showing, click "ok", it should take a picture and ask you if you want to send it. Click "ok" again and you should see it go through the sending process onscreen.
By LibbyLA
Have you checked the web portal to see if the pictures are there? If so, the camera is sending pics to the portal and you just need to finish setting up for mobile access on the portal and install the app and set it up. Once you get all the pieces working together, you will be good to go.

If you are going to continue to use that SIM card in the camera, you may want to edit the IMEI on your DataConnect account, just in case AT&T's system does some checking to be sure that the IMEI on the account matches that of the device.
By llbts12
Thank you for all the replies. Last night late, the camera started sending pictures about every 30 seconds to the phone and the computer. I reset to default, and it stopped. I don't know what was happening there. Camera seems to be working fine except now when I run Diagnostics with Premium service, it fails. Yet the camera is set to send in Premium and is sending pictures. I am somewhat confused. It also will not allow me to save a phone number in the web portal for real time communications. I wonder if this has something to do with the premium service. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you, Larry
By LibbyLA
No need to run diagnostics if the camera is working. I suspect that's for troubleshooting purposes.

Are you entering just the 10 digits of the phone number, no spaces or hyphens or anything? What happens when you try to enter the phone number?

Are you running the app? Have you tried using the app to enter a phone number?
By johnnydeerhunter
On the pictures that you were getting every 30 seconds was there a letter at the bottom, M,T or S? When entering the phone number do not use a 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number and no dashes/hyphens.
Lookout issue

Anthony that would be great, I don't know why th[…]

Yuge on my phone but it worked. Very cool shot! Ed[…]

Fawn without its spots

Looks like they still have there round eard, i acc[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Some regions' BG984G does not work on Molnus yet, […]