Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Jake
Jdh- I haven't messed too much with the real time sending a pic thing vs delay setting. I will have to look into it more.

I know when I was yes in real-time I asked for a pic and got it a minute later ish everytime.

I tried asking for a pic once on .5 hour delay and didn't get the pic and forgot I had it on that delay. I can't remember if I did get it half hour later. I think I did as I checked my phone next break at work and had a picture.

But the cam is working fine. Just a lonely hen turkey most the time is what I'm getting back there for now.
By rebbie
I am happy to report that my 2016 Covert Code Black is still working great! I have had it on real time control for most of my testing. I have to figure out what delay in realtime I want?
All three of mine are working good! A vast change from when they were first released for sure. One thing I've learned is signal strength is paramount for reliable real-time pic requests. I installed a external antenna on the one I have been having issues with and it has been working good for the last month. Except now the coons are playing with it and pulling the external battery pack loose. If it ain't one things it's another.

Matt
All three of mine are working good! A vast change from when they were first released for sure. One thing I've learned is signal strength is paramount for reliable real-time pic requests. I installed a external antenna on the one I have been having issues with and it has been working good for the last month. Except now the coons are playing with it and pulling the external battery pack loose. If it ain't one things it's another.

Matt

Glad to hear Matt! Mine is ready for the woods now once I get my lock box from Custom1Enterprises.
By rebbie
Custom1Enterprises has the heavy duty lock box available for the 2016 Code Black! My 2016 Code Black has been on Realtime now since I got the camera. I am using the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries and the battery level still shows 9. Going to see how long it goes.
Remember with lithium batteries they start out at a higher voltage than alkaline and die at a higher voltage, your battery meter may not show any or much drop before those batteries die. I have seen dead lithium at 1.5 volts where with alkaline that's the voltage of a fairly new battery.
By rebbie
Remember with lithium batteries they start out at a higher voltage than alkaline and die at a higher voltage, your battery meter may not show any or much drop before those batteries die. I have seen dead lithium at 1.5 volts where with alkaline that's the voltage of a fairly new battery.

Yes I understand that the Lithium can show full charge and drop off quickly. I just want to see how long it goes before that happens. I am leaving it on realtime for now.
Dang it Roscoe you beat me to it! LOL
By Jake
Yah going to say go to the play store and update the app. I got Android.

"New features: photo zoom, enhanced push notification system, and un-viewed photos display. Performance and bug fixes including Real Time Photo improvement and faster image loading times."

Also I seen no option for send quality. I asked and was told
"It's no on there anymore. Right now it can only be VGA."
Nice to be able to zoom in on the photo right in the app now. Before I had to save it to my photos and then view it from there. I think my batteries finally gave out last night. I started getting numbers going lower for the battery Level as each new photo was coming in. What Real Time Photo setting are you using on your Code Blacks? I had mine set at real time from the moment I put my batteries in. Does Undefined mean real time is off?
Probably like unread messages here. I can see how that might come in handy. I don't always "touch" every pic so sometimes I miss an earlier photo if I don't look at all the photos for a camera.

It means after that time devices that are 3G only […]

Primos 01 night photo

I still have a couple of those. I liked the produ[…]

primos auto pilot

No, but looks interesting. Love the- just flip a f[…]

Energizer Lithium AA price increase

Hope this doesn't irritate you but just got a text[…]