Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
So I have been playing around with the remote control setting on the Covert App. It seems that unless you have the remote control set to Real Time, the camera sometimes will not send a photo. I noticed that when I had the remote control set to a delay 1.0H that sometimes I would miss receiving a time lapse photo. Just today I walked in front of the camera several times and it failed to send the photos. I checked the sd card and the camera had taken the photos. I turned the camera back to real time on and the camera was working fine again. I also noticed a few time lapse photos on the sd card that did not send. It seems like the camera is having a hard time connecting to the server unless real time is on. I also noticed photos take much longer to come in unless real time is turned on. Just seems to me that unless real time is on all the time, the camera does not work as well. It kind of stinks because leaving real time on all the time will drain your batteries very fast. Anyone else play with the remote control settings and have it on a delay and notice that camera does not work as good?
Johnny was telling me about the picture transmission difference with real time on/off with your covert. I have a Spartan here at home so I checked it today. With Real Time on I could get the higher res 1280x960 pictures transmitted in about 1:05. With it off it was around 1:35.

Just for grins I tried the 640x480 pictures with zero delay and real time on. I didn't do it for long, but with my hand waving in front of the camera constantly, for 5 consecutive pics, the average time in between pictures was 29.6 seconds. I had no idea it would do it that fast. With real time off it balloons to about 55 secs.

Interesting that having realtime on makes the process 25-30 seconds faster. It makes sense that'd be faster, I just didn't think it would be that much.
Johnny was telling me about the picture transmission difference with real time on/off with your covert. I have a Spartan here at home so I checked it today. With Real Time on I could get the higher res 1280x960 pictures transmitted in about 1:05. With it off it was around 1:35.

Just for grins I tried the 640x480 pictures with zero delay and real time on. I didn't do it for long, but with my hand waving in front of the camera constantly, for 5 consecutive pics, the average time in between pictures was 29.6 seconds. I had no idea it would do it that fast. With real time off it balloons to about 55 secs.

Interesting that having realtime on makes the process 25-30 seconds faster. It makes sense that'd be faster, I just didn't think it would be that much.

Thanks for doing those test Roscoe. Sounds like the Spartan is much faster than the Covert! Yes Johnny was also surprised how much faster the photos transmit with real time on. I just found out about it recently from testing my 2016 code black.

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]