Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Mjn1979
And switching to high should help with the false triggers.
By Carphunter
good theory...but they run all night doing this.
By bowhunter2004
Oh really? Mine were doing the pic every few minutes until the sun goes down, then behaved normally until the sun came up and it warms up again. How are your batteries holding up at this point? Its been quite a few days since your OP.
By Carphunter
weird, lost a response here....

i tried firing off a PIR off command this morning around 8 for both cams.

one cam stopped a bit after 8, the other around 930. not sure the command worked, or if they are just pooping out, or what... we'll see.

the cams have 36 ah externals on them with rechargeable internals. wondering if they've reached the point where the ext are so dead, and the internals are siphoning just enough charge, that the cam basically keeps turning on and off... but that doesn't make sense either because if it were a full power cut, it would take longer than 2 min for the cam to come back online and fire off a shot.

oh, this afternoon i fired off a PIR on command... but no pics have started to come... so no clue if that's working. suppose you'd have to try the commands on known-running cams with full batts.
By Carphunter
1 cam sent a pic this afternoon. still 9. also, it's a P trigger...
By LibbyLA
Battery level 9 should not be a battery problem. Looking forward to your figuring out what the problem is. This is an odd one.
By Carphunter
well, they started acting up again after 5:30 and 7 respectively. and then stopped at 8. , whoops...editing... they didn't stop. i misread the pagination in my emails.

this is quite intriguing.
Last edited by Carphunter on Thu May 26, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter
Are you getting rapid temp changes?
By Carphunter
not that i see... actually, it's interesting... where the two cameras sit, there's about 10 degrees in temp difference. that does jive with what i've noticed when on the property.
By bowhunter2004
Could it be an ant infestation that's causing all the false trigger? I've had this happen a few times in the past during the summer months. The ants are active during the heat of the day, then at night the camera behaves normally when the ants are inactive.
By Carphunter
Well, pulled the cams... full of ants. not sure it's the whole problem...but it sure can't be great...especially if they walk around on the PIR a lot.

Gonna have to figure out how i'm gonna get them out and make sure the cams are clean enough. i could see ants on the back of the camera lens, and the lcd panel inside :)

when i put them back out, i think i'll tape those taro ant syrup traps inside them... ants would still go in, but maybe they'd kill themselves off fast enough with the traps.

oh... pulled 14 ticks off myself yesterday after the retrieval walk.
By Mjn1979
I've had issues with ants before. Maybe Try spraying some type of insect control around the cams
By LibbyLA
We dust fire ant powder in our security boxes and that usually takes care of the little pests.

Hope the ants are the explanation for the problems you've been having. That can be remedied pretty easily and it's not the cameras' fault.

You have both an ant and a tick problem! Yuck.
By R4P
Could it be an ant infestation that's causing all the false trigger? I've had this happen a few times in the past during the summer months. The ants are active during the heat of the day, then at night the camera behaves normally when the ants are inactive.

That's one of the better "calls" Ive seen in a while.

Ants can wreck a cam if not taken care of quickly.

Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it[…]

And I do have a Spartan also. That will be next on[…]

Ridgetec Lookout Dual is IN

No, a Carrier change requires a sim swap and menu […]

Anthony, your suggestion worked. I dont know wh[…]