Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By rebbie
I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of this photo. This is 640x480 photo that the camera sends to the app. The deer is no more than 30 feet away from the camera. If anything it is less than 30 feet away. The flash is set to high. It just seems to me that the flash is not that strong. The specs for the camera say a 100 foot Flash Range. I sent the photo to Covert to have them tell me what they think. Their response was that this is a normal photo and the photo on the SD card will be much better. I'm going to pull the SD card later and compare the photos. I am pretty sure they won't be much of a difference other then a larger size photo. I wonder if some LED's are out on my flash?

By LibbyLA
I would expect the photo on the card to be less fuzzy but I'd be surprised if it were lighter/brighter (although it's possible!). Looks pretty normal for a night photo, to me. I just have a feeling that the flash range they give is very optimistic.... (Not saying that Covert is the only company that does that, either.)
By johnnydeerhunter
I've seen both Spartan pics and pics from this particular covert from the same location and the Spartan is brighter. I think they are similar in the center of the frame but the Spartan lights the whole frame better.
By rebbie
If anyone has some night time photos from their 2016 Code Black I'd like to see them so I can compare to mine, but please post the 640x480 photos. I really think my 2014 Code Black had a better night time flash, unless there is something wrong with the flash on my 2016 Code Black. I just like to see
By Mjn1979
You may want to try different setup and experiment with various height and angle of the camera. Also might check each individual battery to be sure you don't have a bad one.
By Mjn1979
Here is a couple pics from the same location from a 2015 codeblack. Notice the trees in the background. The deer pic you can barely see the trees, and the pic with the porcupine the trees are better illuminated. Not sure if the deer is blocking the flash from reaching out further.
By rebbie
Here is a couple pics from the same location from a 2015 codeblack. Notice the trees in the background. The deer pic you can barely see the trees, and the pic with the porcupine the trees are better illuminated. Not sure if the deer is blocking the flash from reaching out further.

Thank you for sharing your photos. I am looking to have someone shared some photos from a 2016 code black.
By Mjn1979
I'll be honest, I haven't seen enough difference between full and half flash with any of my coverts. Unless I'm running a tight set, I just use full flash.
By rebbie
Ok I guess I was right. The flash range on the new 2016 Code Black is horrible! Look at this review from Trail Cam Pro. They also noticed the poor nighttime flash on their photos.

http://www.trailcampro.com/collections/ ... black-12-0
By bowhtr1
Doesnt the new one have fewer leds than the old one. I think it went for 60 to 42 or somthing like that. I remember someone saying something about the Black 60/HD 60 not having 60 anymore. I figure the code black is the same. Just a wild guess.
By johnnydeerhunter
With leds fewer doesn't always mean less light, there's many many other factors involved. If everything else stays the same then yes less leds would be less bright but there's no way to know for sure what may have been done. Only thing that matters is that they aren't all that bright and no one is replying to your emails.
By rebbie
With leds fewer doesn't always mean less light, there's many many other factors involved. If everything else stays the same then yes less leds would be less bright but there's no way to know for sure what may have been done. Only thing that matters is that they aren't all that bright and no one is replying to your emails.

Definitely not bright at all. They did actually answer my email and all they said was that is a normal nighttime photo. Just glad to see someone else has noticed just how bad their nighttime photos are.
By rebbie
Just wondering is anyone has any Night Time Photos to share from their 2016 Code Black. Please post if you have any. Thanks.
Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]

Night Bats

Good stuff, not often do we see bat photos or vide[…]

Mr. and Mrs. Fox (the Foxes)

https://vimeo.com/367997085

ok, then its aim and distance.