Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By Emmett
My Code Black has been in the field working fine for about a month or so, sending pics when something would set it off or when ever I requested one, then all of a sudden it just quit responding. It is on a solar panel and I have the external antenna so I have good battery level and signal strength is strong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It has been down for a couple days now. :x :x
Thank you,
Emmett
I would check with them anyways, they handle the data themselves so there's room for human error. Also have been an instance or two where credit cards all of a sudden magically weren't good anymore.
By Emmett
Still have a data plan in place. She said the batteries are showing that there dead. I was just there a couple days before it quit working and put fresh rechargeable batteries in the camera. It has a covert solar panel that is in full sun that I have used with the camera last year. I guess its possible that the batteries I put in had been on the store shelf for a while and mostly drained and the solar panel has quit working. I did order a new solar panel and will head back up there the first of the week I guess.
Thank you for the advise,
Emmett
By LibbyLA
Is the solar panel charging an external battery? Or does it have its own external battery built in? (I'm guessing that since you say it's a Covert one that it is a small solar panel with a built-in battery.)

It's possible that the cable wasn't seated securely or that it got pulled loose.

Whenever we put rechargeable batteries in our cameras, they have always been recharged or topped off within two days of being used, even LSD batteries. It takes several charging cycles for them to get to full capacity.

Keep us posted. At least you know that it wasn't a computer/data plan snafu.
By Emmett
I'm thinking the solar panel isn't recharging, I ordered a new one that I am taking up there in a few days. The old solar panel has a battery but the new ones dont they are a direct charge to the cameras batteries. I will keep yall posted on how it goes when I get back.
Thanks for all the help,
Emmett
By LibbyLA
I would want a solar panel with an external battery, with the externals as backup. The more battery power, the better.

We have one camera running with a small solar panel/battery combo. We've seen the voltage drop to 5.1 on that one when it has taken more pics than usual and we've had several days of limited sun. However, as soon as we get sun, the power level goes back to 5.7. I've been threatening to change the internal batteries for months now but haven't bothered because the external is working fine.
By Emmett
Yeah LibbyLA I agree with you, the solar panel that I have on there now is the old Covert panel that has the battery back up with it and I didn't have a single problem with the power last year. But I guess it just flat went out, and the new ones from Covert do not have a battery back up just strait solar panel to keep the 12 camera batteries charged. I don't know why they did away with the battery back up on those but they did.
I am heading to the lease tomorrow and put freshly charged batteries in the camera and put the new solar panel on there as well. So I should not have any issues with battery levels, well at least not until we have a few days of limited sun.....Hope not.....anyway...... I will let y'all know how it turns out with the camera when I get back on Wednesday or Thursday.....

New member from Scotland and though I start with a[…]

1st Buck on camera for 2019

Its that time of the year....

:)

not sure if its true but if so its a good one.

I like his purple coat... very cool. Probably[…]