Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
My batteries were dead for a few weeks on my 2016 Code Black. I wasn't able to get to the camera until yesterday. I installed a new set of batteries and turned it to setup. It finds the Network fine but when it tries to log into the server I keep getting a message that says Connection Failed 1. I have tried setting the camera to default but still no luck logging into the server. I noticed that every time I try doing the Default set it sets the remote control to realtime but when I turn the camera off and back on to setup again it somehow has the remote control setting at 0.5 delay. I noticed a while ago that if you have the remote control set to a delay it can not log into the server when you first turn it on. I deiced to see what would happen by turning the camera to on from the setup even though it never logged into the network. It would take a photo when I walked in front of the camera but it would not send them all. I let the camera sit for a while and now it won't even send any photos. I guess I will have to wait until Monday and contact Covert and see if they can figure out what happened. My batteries go quick because I have to leave real time on all the time otherwise I won't get every photo transmitted that it takes. Very frustrating! I know Covert has great Customer service so I know they will help me figure out what's wrong. If anyone has any ideas how to get the camera working again please let me know. Thanks.
Here is something I found out today while playing with my Covert 2105 upgraded to 2016 over 5 months ago. I was having no problems logging into the server and then all of a sudden I wasn't a couple days ago. AT&T E or H with 3 (4th was red bar) bars but yet I could take a photo manually then select play, menu, scroll down to send, press O.K. and a GSM count down to 4 and then the sent successfully would appear. I'll check the app and sure enough there was the photo I took. So, I then set the camera up for 30 seconds making sure the camera was set to send instant, put the camera on run. Walked through the area a couple times and check my app and the photos did appear after awhile. This is after I had tried to set the remote control to real time and fail to connect would come up.

I don't know if AT&T sees the photo with the number that logged in and some how routes to the covert router since the SIM card provided by covert is AT&T programmed. I put the camera out this evening looking over a food plot and will see if it continues to take photos and sends them to the app.
I contacted Covert about my problem. They say they are having problems with their Server. They say it started sometime over the weekend. They are working on trying to fix the problem and will contact me when they know more.
I'm sure I can't be the only one here having this problem. They told me that they have had many complaints today about the issue.
I'm glad I held off upgrading my 2 2015s. They have been very reliable cams and haven't missed a beat. Sure hope covert gets the app cams to work as advertised. Good luck
Mine is still sending photos and I'm receiving them via the app, yet like I said before there being sent via GSM as when I did a manual photo it went over GSM count to 4 and about a min later it said successfully sent.
Rebbie have your heard anything today?

No still waiting to hear from Covert.
I never heard back from Covert yet but I decided to try my camera out a little while ago and see if it would connect to the Server. Wouldn't you know it connected! Ok so I leave it on real time and run some tests. Took a photo right away after the camera armed as I was placing it in the lock box. I walked in front of it twice and it took a photo each time and sent it fine. I tried requesting a real time photo and I got that fine. Ok so now I decide to test out the real time delay. I set the real time delay to every 2 hours using the app on my phone. I hit save and it seems to save the setting fine. I than wait a few minutes and walk in front of the camera once and wait. I wait a few minutes and nothing. I want t try and understand this once and for all! If I have it on a real time delay of 2 hours, does that mean I have to wait 2 hours for the camera to check into the server so it can send the photo or photos it took? I though the real time delay was just for changing camera settings. The camera checks into the server every 2 hours to check for changes to the cameras settings? I also saw that Covert posted a video about how to use the camera and they say if you have the camera on a real time delay and you request a photo, that photo will be sent to you next time the camera checks into the server depending on the delay that you have it set for. Please is anyone understand exactly how this works please let me know. Thanks.
Anybody else having problems using the portal online tonight? Acting very slow. I am also having a problem with the app. It also is running slow and the wheel in the middle just spins as it tries to load the photos. Can't even tell if I am receive my photos?
^ Yep few pics tonight took longer then normal to load. Weird. I will see what they say when I talk to them next @ covert.

I changed my batteries the other (12 rayovacs in the cam and extra battery pack with 8 rayovacs) and it logged back on normal.

I was told a firmware update is in the works and should be able to get it soon. Would just have to go to the menu in the cam and do the update. Will have to find out what's it is all about.
^ Yep few pics tonight took longer then normal to load. Weird. I will see what they say when I talk to them next @ covert.

I changed my batteries the other (12 rayovacs in the cam and extra battery pack with 8 rayovacs) and it logged back on normal.

I was told a firmware update is in the works and should be able to get it soon. Would just have to go to the menu in the cam and do the update. Will have to find out what's it is all about.

Thanks for responding Jake. Looks like this morning the app is working again now. Pics loading fine. Just wish my camera would send all the photos it takes. When I run the camera on a real time delay I do not get all the photos it takes. This only happens when I don't run the camera on Real Time. I am testing the camera in front of my house for now so you get everyone coming and going out of the house. For example I left my house last night at 22:47 hrs. Camera took a photo of me backing out of garage and sent it fine. I come back home about 20 minutes later and I receive no photo. I am sure the photo is on the SD card but it did not send it. Usually when the camera is on Real Time I have no issues. I get every photo taken. Just stinks that I have to run it on real time for the camera to work right. :(
Rebbie,

Your not alone I did have the same problem you had with the logging in but I was receiving some photos on the app even though it wasn't connect. Yesterday I went out to move the camera and noticed the camera logged in to server. I did receive photo's of deer last night and I have the camera set to real time no delay. I did send an email to covert last night because I was receiving "Internal server error" today I received an email from covert stating the problem was fix but didn't stated what the problem was. I did a request photo test and received the photo within a minute of the request. Mind you this camera is only receiving 2 bars not bad and I also connected this camera up to 12v battery via the covert 12v - 6v converter cable. Covert did send me an external battery cable 6v for one of there older cameras with the point that goes into a camera and clips for the battery which was the wrong one for code black. The nice thing about this cable is the battery cable piece towards the clips pulls a part and you can connect to the camera of code black. I took the cable and cut off the pointy end and put battery push on connectors.
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]