Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
Rebbie,

Your not alone I did have the same problem you had with the logging in but I was receiving some photos on the app even though it wasn't connect. Yesterday I went out to move the camera and noticed the camera logged in to server. I did receive photo's of deer last night and I have the camera set to real time no delay. I did send an email to covert last night because I was receiving "Internal server error" today I received an email from covert stating the problem was fix but didn't stated what the problem was. I did a request photo test and received the photo within a minute of the request. Mind you this camera is only receiving 2 bars not bad and I also connected this camera up to 12v battery via the covert 12v - 6v converter cable. Covert did send me an external battery cable 6v for one of there older cameras with the point that goes into a camera and clips for the battery which was the wrong one for code black. The nice thing about this cable is the battery cable piece towards the clips pulls a part and you can connect to the camera of code black. I took the cable and cut off the pointy end and put battery push on connectors.

Thanks for the post. I sent Covert and email explaining that my camera does not work right unless real time is on and not on a delay. We tried putting real time at .05 hours delay, which is 30 minutes and I let it run all day like that. Again I would receive some of the photos and others would not transmit. I switched it back before dark to real time and as usual the camera is working fine. Batteries won't last more than a month or so with real time on all the time. What also bothers me is the flash of the 2016 Code Black. The nighttime photos are pretty much useless! They are so dark and grainy. You literally have to be 20 feet or closer to make out the animal or person well. There has to be others out there with a 2016 Code Black and also sees how the nighttime photos are completely garbage. Yes I have the flat set on high and still horrible! I hope they can fix that issue also.
I have been trying to send a request for photos a few times tonight while the camera is on real time and I have not received one photo.
I had my one that is still working sent one back at 9 p.m. then after that it stopped and still hasn't been able to send one on demand. But I did get some photo's sent to me of deer this evening and turkey this afternoon. Last night I started getting the error message on the app and that is when the request for photos stopped sending.

Covert was great and gave me an RA number so I can send the camera back tomorrow.
I had my one that is still working sent one back at 9 p.m. then after that it stopped and still hasn't been able to send one on demand. But I did get some photo's sent to me of deer this evening and turkey this afternoon. Last night I started getting the error message on the app and that is when the request for photos stopped sending.

Covert was great and gave me an RA number so I can send the camera back tomorrow.

Yea I am still having problems getting photos sent on request while camera is on real time. It sounds like it's more of a server problem.
I had problems all day but yet I received photos of deer and turkey today even though the camera wasn't connected to the server. I brought the camera home and it still had connection fail:1. I sent cover an email this evening and then I sent them another stating what I did to fix the problem. After this kept happening every few minutes I decided to log into my account and suspend and waited a while and active the account, turned the camera on log into cellular service, on the camera tab over to net, scrolled down to remote control and tab over to ReelTime clicked on and it connected and server log in. I turned off the camera several times and performed the same steps and the camera kept on coming up. I know one thing I cannot put this on the farm 4 hrs away and have these kind of issues. I asked covert to look into this matter.
I had problems all day but yet I received photos of deer and turkey today even though the camera wasn't connected to the server. I brought the camera home and it still had connection fail:1. I sent cover an email this evening and then I sent them another stating what I did to fix the problem. After this kept happening every few minutes I decided to log into my account and suspend and waited a while and active the account, turned the camera on log into cellular service, on the camera tab over to net, scrolled down to remote control and tab over to ReelTime clicked on and it connected and server log in. I turned off the camera several times and performed the same steps and the camera kept on coming up. I know one thing I cannot put this on the farm 4 hrs away and have these kind of issues. I asked covert to look into this matter.

Yea I hear you. No way you can leave it that far away when it's not working right. I'm running my camera outside my house testing it for now. Camera was working well for me for a good stretch but something has changed recently. I also am waiting to hear back from Covert. I'm sure lots of other people are having problems also. Keep us updated. Thanks.
I'm sure lots of other people are having problems also.

They are. Another forum I frequent has several other code black users having issues again in the last week. Unfortunately for Covert, with the problems still persisting nearly 4 months after release and this being prime time cam'n season, the issues are starting to cost them customers in the cellular market. Folks that have been diehard customers are getting fed up and buying other cell cams, mainly the Spartan from what I'm reading.
I'm sure lots of other people are having problems also.

They are. Another forum I frequent has several other code black users having issues again in the last week. Unfortunately for Covert, with the problems still persisting nearly 4 months after release and this being prime time cam'n season, the issues are starting to cost them customers in the cellular market. Folks that have been diehard customers are getting fed up and buying other cell cams, mainly the Spartan from what I'm reading.

Roscoe can you send me the link to the other forum. Thanks.
Covert email me today sad the issue was taken care of, I guess we shall see.

Ok thanks for the update. As of yesterday my camera seemed to start working again when I request a real time photo. Now I just have 2 issues that I would like fixed. 1. I would like my camera to transmit every photo it takes when it's on a real time delay instead of just some of them, and 2. I would like for the flash to produce a better intensity.
I haven't had the issue of the light intensity and I wonder if that is because mine is a 2015 with the updated FW to make it a 2016 for use on the server and app.

Oh I see. I thought you had a 2016 Code Black. The 2015 Code Black in totally different than the 2016 model. The flash array is a totally new design on the 2016 model. Be thankful you don't have a 2016 model. While the the build for the 2016 Code Black is much improved the flash array is lacking light intensity imensily! Night time photos are useless!
Well hopefully the 2015 that I just sent back Friday due to Covert 12v - 6v cable connect to 12v battery that burnt my other 2015 camera that I sent back I get another 2015. I'm what Libby and others suggested have power sonic battery 6v 12 AH connected and see how long that last with the camera in the woods since it will be hard to get any sun light for a solar panel.

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.