Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
I have a 2015 that has been updated/converted to 2016. Under NET tab I do not have the following options like the 2016 has or the App.

Remote Control REAL TIME DELAY .5H DELAY 1.0H DELAY 2.0H DELAY 3.0H DELAY 4.0H DELAY 6.0H DELAY 12.0H DELAY 24.0H

Is there anyone else who has upgraded there camera and has this same problem? I have choose Remote Control-off due to battery draining issues. The camera will still send to the App in accordance to how I have PIR Trigger Interval set and even then I do not receive all the photos.

IRT battery draining issue in Real Time Jeanie from Covert stated the App update should be out around the beginning of Aug.
By 27jr
BTW the FW v3.00.28.02B, supposedly per Covert the new FW for 2015 up grades to 2016 is v3.00.28.03B. I didn't receive a reply from Covert when I tried the software before they left for the day.
By rebbie
Sounds like Covert has some changes coming this August. In all honesty I think Covert themselves are still trying to figure things out and work out all the bugs. I also won't receive all my photos taken unless my 2016 Code Black is set to real time on all the time. Drains the batteries fast when left on Real Time always. I am told a new Firmware version will be available sometime around August 1st for the 2016 Code Black. Waiting patiently.
By 27jr
Rebbie - My issue is that the 2015 FW upgrade to 2016 doesn't give me the those delay setting under NET tab -REMOTE CONTROL. The only option are Real Time or Off. I sent an email to covert support about that and will see what they say.
By rebbie
Rebbie - My issue is that the 2015 FW upgrade to 2016 doesn't give me the those delay setting under NET tab -REMOTE CONTROL. The only option are Real Time or Off. I sent an email to covert support about that and will see what they say.

Ok got you. Like I said I think they are still trying to figure things out. Hopefully they will soon.
By 27jr
Rebbie - What is your understanding of the reason for delay setting and how it works?
By Roscoe
The delay setting allows you to get commands executed w/o having to wait for a motion trigger event to execute them when real time is off. Set on .5 the camera "wakes" every half hour and looks for commands to execute. Set to 1 it would wake up every hour.

With the Ltl Acorn I use to have I generally left it set on 6 I think. I found after I had a cell camera for awhile, I really didn't change settings that much.

The biggest benefit over time that I think it offers is that if your camera quits sending you pictures for a period of time ("goes dark"), you know you have multiple opportunities a day to ask for it to take a picture and send it to you. Piece of mind to let you know if the camera is still functional or not.
By rebbie
Rebbie - What is your understanding of the reason for delay setting and how it works?

Roscoe explained it all right there. The problem I am having is that when I have it on a real time delay I do not always get every photo transmitted that the camera takes.
By 27jr
Roscoe - Thank you and wouldn't that save battery power or not since you have SEND MODE - INSTANT.

I'm a little confused since Rebbie said he wouldn't receive all his photos without it set to REAL TIME. I have 2015 upgraded to 2016 and do not have that option on the camera only the App. Does it matter if you have that option on the camera besides the App? Per Covert today the stated no since you can set it on the App.

Doesn't having the camera still sending photo's when triggered every 5 minutes with SEND MODE- INSTANT also eat up battery? I just put a fully charged 12 attached to a 2015 (upgraded to 2016) SEND MODE- INSTANT, REMOTE CONTROL - OFF. These setting on the camera. The App has 2hr delay as the only change.

BTW I have .02B version of 2016 software and was sent .03B as the latest for covert 2015 upgrade to 2016. What I find odd is per Covert I have to use at least 8 G or higher SD card for the 1.1 meg file for the .03B version software to load. Weird as I figured 2 G SD card should work but I found every time I did it the version always showed .02B. So, I guess I'll try it their way and see what happens.
By rebbie
Roscoe - Thank you and wouldn't that save battery power or not since you have SEND MODE - INSTANT.

I'm a little confused since Rebbie said he wouldn't receive all his photos without it set to REAL TIME. I have 2015 upgraded to 2016 and do not have that option on the camera only the App. Does it matter if you have that option on the camera besides the App? Per Covert today the stated no since you can set it on the App.

Doesn't having the camera still sending photo's when triggered every 5 minutes with SEND MODE- INSTANT also eat up battery? I just put a fully charged 12 attached to a 2015 (upgraded to 2016) SEND MODE- INSTANT, REMOTE CONTROL - OFF. These setting on the camera. The App has 2hr delay as the only change.

BTW I have .02B version of 2016 software and was sent .03B as the latest for covert 2015 upgrade to 2016. What I find odd is per Covert I have to use at least 8 G or higher SD card for the 1.1 meg file for the .03B version software to load. Weird as I figured 2 G SD card should work but I found every time I did it the version always showed .02B. So, I guess I'll try it their way and see what happens.

I do not have a 2015 Code Black so I really don't know how it's supposed to work. When you say you have a 2015 upgraded to 2016, you mean you have a 2015 Code Black camera with a new firmware version that allows you to use the new Covert Wireless app. I really think Covert is still trying to figure out how everything works. Hopefully they will eventually get things going well. Do you own a 2016 Covert Code Black?
By 27jr
Your correct about the FW. Will wait and see. I am receiving photos this a.m.
By Roscoe
If I'm understanding how it works correctly, the real time on/off/delay setting and the instant send work independently of each other. "Instant" should mean you get the pics sent to you as they are taken 1 by 1. The real time on/off delay setting gives you the opportunity to execute commands at a specified interval w/o motion triggers occurring and save a bunch of battery life.

Huge difference battery life wise in having a camera come on once every half hour and check for commands as opposed to staying on "hot" all the time.

But, as far as saving battery, if you're not going to have real time on I really don't see much benefit in have the setting as low as .5? What can really be accomplished every 30 minutes that can't be done say every 6 hours. I mean how often do you really need to change settings or request a picture be taken? If your camera decides to start snapping pictures like crazy for whatever reason, all you have to do is send a command with changes and the next time a falsie comes in the command gets executed.

Outside of a purely security setup, I can't see much need to ever have real time on permanently.
By johnnydeerhunter
Ross, playing with Rebbie's camera I don't think if real time is off that it executes commands on a photo, it might only be at the set real time delay. It was a while ago that we tested this so it might have changed.
By Roscoe
Really? I wonder if that is by design or just how it's working right now? No reason for the camera not to receive and execute commands every time it communicates with the server.
By johnnydeerhunter
No reason other then it has to be told to execute that way.

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.