Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
Has anyone taken cable and connect it to coverts code black and connect the other end to the antenna and move the antenna anywhere for better signal quality?, or use someone else external antenna on covert?
By LibbyLA
We've used a Covert booster and a Wilson trucker antenna and I can't say that either one made much difference. Your mileage may vary.

We have a yagi from HCO that we haven't had a chance to put out yet so I can't say anything about how that one works.

Wish mikeinkaty would pop in. He's written some good instructions on making your own yagi antenna that are here somewhere.
By 27jr
We've used a Covert booster and a Wilson trucker antenna and I can't say that either one made much difference. Your mileage may vary.

We have a yagi from HCO that we haven't had a chance to put out yet so I can't say anything about how that one works.

Wish mikeinkaty would pop in. He's written some good instructions on making your own yagi antenna that are here somewhere.

I saw the Yagi he made and is to big and easy to spot and 4 hrs away I'd be afraid if so it and stole the camera. How about removing the antenna from the camera and using a cable connected to the camera and the antenna so it can be placed up higher?
By LibbyLA
I don't know how much higher you can place the antenna but the longer cable may offset any minor gains you might get. Tough question. Wish some of the antenna guys would weigh in, but booster antenna is not compatible with inconspicuous.
By 27jr
I don't know how much higher you can place the antenna but the longer cable may offset any minor gains you might get. Tough question. Wish some of the antenna guys would weigh in, but booster antenna is not compatible with inconspicuous.

Thanks and kinda like a double edge sword. At lest I have 2 bars and am receiving pictures.
By 27jr
I have the covert antenna mounted up high and gained 2 bars in a no signal area. I will get on the computer and load some pics

The problem as posted is not to covert for people seeing might want to take it. I get to 2 bars with the stock antenna mounted on the camera. The thing that gets me is the standard antenna that is on Covert is the same antenna Spartan wants to charge 12.99 for booster antenna and the Spartan standard antenna is short stubby. At least from what I see by the pictures and HCO website.
By Roscoe
The antenna that actually comes on the Spartan is not short and stubby. Photos on some parts of their website are outdated.

This the antennae that comes standard on the Spartan:

http://www.hcooutdoors.com/enhanced-ant ... meras.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

With the stock antennae I have used a Spartan that transmitted at a >99% success rate in an area I could not typically get a cell phone signal.
By 27jr
The antenna that actually comes on the Spartan is not short and stubby. Photos on some parts of their website are outdated.

This the antennae that comes standard on the Spartan:

http://www.hcooutdoors.com/enhanced-ant ... meras.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

With the stock antennae I have used a Spartan that transmitted at a >99% success rate in an area I could not typically get a cell phone signal.

Looks almost the same as Covert stock antenna that's included, this stays 9.99.
By 27jr
Yes, it's $9.99 if you have to buy a replacement. I have 4 Spartan's. They all came with this antennae on them.

Thanks again photo's on company websites aren't what actually you get.
By 27jr
I'm definitely going to need a booster antenna can anyone recommend something? The towers seem to be roughly 3 miles away and my camera is in a stone row with a canape of leaves. I have no cellular service on my phone (T-mobile) but the Covert shows 2 bars with AT&T.
By johnnydeerhunter
I'm definitely going to need a booster antenna can anyone recommend something? The towers seem to be roughly 3 miles away and my camera is in a stone row with a canape of leaves. I have no cellular service on my phone (T-mobile) but the Covert shows 2 bars with AT&T.

I have one ATT Gocam and one Verizon that average two bars and are sometimes only showing one and they send the larger 1280 pics no problem.
By 27jr

I have one ATT Gocam and one Verizon that average two bars and are sometimes only showing one and they send the larger 1280 pics no problem.

Gotcha and my Covert usually does great but I've notice I don't receive all my photo's and it sends slow which maybe draining my battery.
Fox takes a L**k

:mrgreen: Uncensored Nature. Female you think ?[…]

Ridgetec Lookout - Bear

What kind of bear is this? Its in the Rockies in […]

Is he carrying something in his mouth? also the w[…]

5 Nice Bucks + -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHe1JIuuGQ