Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By 27jr
So, what is the full cost of the camera to operation? camera cost, verizon activation, month fee, spartan cost for premium service or lite? One option I'm looking at is pay month to month so not to pay a lot up front for the camera.

Never mind the pay per month for the camera since Verizon only has a tan color, don't understand why not mossy oak break up since that would be popular.

It all depends on your Verizon account, Some guys are paying just over $5 a month for the service with taxes and Verizon fees and others are around $8. Premium is 3-4 dollars a month depending on how many months that you buy at a time. When I activated my camera the activation fee was waved because of the type of set up that it was, actually they charged me and then credited back to me later, that's the way it's set up to be done. If you have an unlimited data plan make sure you check to see if you are allowed to add the camera to the plan, it doesn't look like Verizon allows it.

I don't have Verizon, I was just going to get the camera so I have one of each. Was thinking of getting rid of the 2016 Covert that hasn't been used just taken out of the box.
By 27jr
They're both kinda blocky for sure, but passed that a lot of differences in the physical structure:

how do I attach a photo
By Roscoe
Site does not allow for direct attachments because of the sheer picture volume per user here. Have to use something like photobucket to host the picture and post the link here.
By johnnydeerhunter
I don't have Verizon, I was just going to get the camera so I have one of each. Was thinking of getting rid of the 2016 Covert that hasn't been used just taken out of the box.

Probably cheaper to go with ATT then.
By 27jr
Site does not allow for direct attachments because of the sheer picture volume per user here. Have to use something like photobucket to host the picture and post the link here.

Thank you and I will post a picture of what the 2016 looks like since that picture doesn't show there is a camouflage cutout plate over those black IR lights.
By 27jr

Probably cheaper to go with ATT then.

Thank you and that's what I was thinking.
By 27jr

The funny thing is the HCO camera IR blackout is how the Covert looked before the change in 2016.
By 27jr
2016 Covert AT&T 3G Black OPS, as you can see looks different than what you posted because of the camouflage grill over the black IR LEDs. I think it might of made it look better if the IR LEDs were complete covered from sight like the 2015s. Don't know why they thought it best to change that part of their design but it would nice to understand the difference between the two designs that changed the night time flash distance as stated by Rebbie.

Image[/URL]
By 27jr
I guess nobody keeps their website pictures up to date! :lol:

That picture of the Spartan AT&T GoCam, is that current photo? One on Ebay has one on site for sale 359. Didn't know if Spartan added the camo grill too.
By Roscoe
Honestly don't about that. Maybe someone who has purchased one more recently would know. I've seen it their none cell units from pictures posted on FB. It's a cool feature I think if your in a situation where you are worried about people spotting the camera. I really think it helps hide it. That's not an issue for me, but I still think it looks cool! :mrgreen:
By LibbyLA
I don't think there are any grills on the Spartan cameras. I wish the flash cover on the black flash units were etched so they aren't so shiny.
By wewilley
I don't think there are any grills on the Spartan cameras. I wish the flash cover on the black flash units were etched so they aren't so shiny.

a lite sand blasting would do the same as a etching i would think if you sued sand and not the bigger beads
Yotes on the move.

Just 5 I think. The old recon only has 10 s at nig[…]

Cold Turkey

https://vimeo.com/374000955

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike it's simple enough to get a new SD card for t[…]

Did this guy get shot?

there is definitely some redness and edema in t[…]